• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, this is the iconic makeup of EG's iconic boot. Great price too. I just need to nail down sizing, specifically width. I wear size UK9D in the 82 last for shoes, but I think I may want to size up to the E width for the Galway boot because I will be wearing thicker socks and there is less "give" for a boot than a shoe. Any thoughts?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In my opinion, this is the iconic makeup of EG's iconic boot. Great price too. I just need to nail down sizing, specifically width. I wear size UK9D in the 82 last for shoes, but I think I may want to size up to the E width for the Galway boot because I will be wearing thicker socks and there is less "give" for a boot than a shoe. Any thoughts?

F width? E width is the standard width (equivalent to our D width)

I went out 1 with for the same reason you suggest. I hope to have mine soon and will relay how the sizing works as soon as I get them. But I hate tight boots and would rather wear a heavier sock or small insole

Sotiris

Reaction score
I wear both UK 8.5E and UK 9D in the 82 last.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know I saw your post. I've been considering coming off my self imposed boot moratorium. I'll be following this to see what you guys come up with.
My wife wants to know why I keep shaking and waking up with cold sweats...trying to explain boot withdrawal to your partner is never an easy conversation.

rc121

Reaction score

You can always tell which pics are from@RogerP
. Most famous concrete steps on SF.
I recall doing a Google image search for Vass some months back, the majority of the first page of pics were all RogerP's and the famous concrete steps

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife wants to know why I keep shaking and waking up with cold sweats...trying to explain boot withdrawal to your partner is never an easy conversation.

That's too funny.

Let me know what the new boots going to be, no guarantees but I am looking for my next thing.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

That's too funny.

Let me know what the new boots going to be, no guarantees but I am looking for my next thing.

Boy do Ryden and I have some ideas for you!

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just heard from Dean that there is no extra surcharge for Kudu, but the stock is very limited.

Still waiting for a quote regarding mountain ram.

Great for Kudu people. What about Stag Calf? Any surcharge for that?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads