Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

Did the Dark Oak Nevis GMTO ever get off the ground?

2. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Serious question for @Leaves , was there a specific reason EG canceled/stopped their GMTO program? Is it true that SF really can't have nice things...?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014

3. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Yeah, we want nice things.

4. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Wasn't aware that this was tried. The Mahogany CC Nevis did get off the ground however.

5. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

It was somewhere way back in the thread....Last year when i checked Jermyn Streets only had had it made up in country calf. I would love a pair in Dark Oak, on a H/AF Sole (basically a Dover Boot)

6. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Great looking boot. Unfortunately GMTOs with EG are no longer possible though, at least for now anyway.

I'm seriously thinking about a Nevis in Rosewood CC.

7. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

Wait a second. When did this happen? And why pray tell? I am glad the Zug boots made it before the cut, if true. Although single MTOs are much easier to coordinate.

8. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Not too long ago. The single MTO is extremely easy to coordinate, and a fabulous way to get exactly what you want if no one else cares to join. They just aren't as much fun.

9. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

So, Patrik....What might you be interested in "stocking" next and how may pairs constitutes a "stock" order in EG's eyes?

10. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

We were given new guidlines a while back in regards of "GMTOs". We comply because we respect our friends over at EG. I don't believe it is up to me to try and explain the reason for this new policy, I feel that is best done by an EG rep.

We can still do pre-order runs so I'll just have to work harder to find stuff that you guys want. I'm visiting EG in December, hoping to find some inspiration there, I usually try to scurry around the leather rooms and archives of our suppliers to find the good stuff. :) Also, some of the best GMTOs were all created by Styleforum members, like the Zugglet, Carmina Frankenstitch, Willow Dover to name a few and I'm always open to suggestion. Always. Just PM me if you have any good ideas.

11. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Yes, yes, "The Enabler" has spoken.

12. member2000r

member2000r Senior member

Is it possible now to use Deco Green calf on G&G benchmade GMTO? I once did it and I want another pair now[​IMG]

13. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

What the hell is Deco Green Calf? Need pics....NOW

14. laufer

laufer Senior member

When I pitch GMTO I always take in the account retailers host market so they can hopefully order few extra items to sell wider audience. I think Skoaktiebolaget does wonderful job offering a wide variety of choices in different price ranges. This is probably a trade secret as it should be but sometimes I wonder what percentage of the Skoak sales is outside of Sweden. From what I have seen when I was in Stockholm Swedes appreciate fashion and well built things, but the market for shoes in nontraditional colors is probably limited.

Anyways I regret that Skoak was not open in 2010 but the trip was not total loss. I did managed to snag a pair of Crockett and Jones Purple collection boots from Rose & Born.

15. member2000r

member2000r Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Almost black indoor, beautiful green shade under sunlight and direct shine by lamp.

Exact same setting with swan neck wanted (Oxford in MH71)

I suspect black wax on racing green but we don't need to polish ourselves in this case, right?