• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ezlau

Reaction score
Just purchased the carmina full strap penny loafer in snuff suede :slayer: I hope the UK8 fits me. @Leaves I've tried the Carmina string loafer in Uetam last at the armoury before in UK8 and it was a little tight in the instep. Does the full strap loafer fit similarly, and do you expect it to stretch to fit?

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just purchased the carmina full strap penny loafer in snuff suede :slayer: I hope the UK8 fits me. @Leaves I've tried the Carmina string loafer in Uetam last at the armoury before in UK8 and it was a little tight in the instep. Does the full strap loafer fit similarly, and do you expect it to stretch to fit?

I would say the instep is tight on Uetam but it will give a little. I have a super low instep and it was tight at first but now my shell and calf loafers are so comfortable

ezlau

Reaction score
@justinkapur Super low instep or super high? My insteps are quite high in volume (read: fat) and I am just a little bit concerned but I could just pass it on to someone else if it doesn't fit right. How long would you say it took you to break it in?

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That frankenboot is nice, but not my style. Will still keep eyes peeled though.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Leaves I'm beginning to seriously consider getting an EG on the 888 Last. How much of a difference in fit is there between the EG 888 and the EG 82?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@Leaves
 I'm beginning to seriously consider getting an EG on the 888 Last. How much of a difference in fit is there between the EG 888 and the EG 82?

Fits very similar, not exactly the same but still very similar. 888 is is a hair longer. I don't know anyone who uses different sizes for 888 and 82, you should go with that.

barky

Reaction score
Guys, for those with Bonafe 946 and Carmina Rain, how is the heel to ball length and heel cup vis a vis the 2?

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fits very similar, not exactly the same but still very similar. 888 is is a hair longer. I don't know anyone who uses different sizes for 888 and 82, you should go with that.

Thank you sir.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@Leaves
 I'm beginning to seriously consider getting an EG on the 888 Last. How much of a difference in fit is there between the EG 888 and the EG 82?

I like where this is headed ;)

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A few recent MTOs

Edward Green Shannons

St. James II in Vintage Oak

St. James II in Vintage Chestnut (this is a new version of chestnut)

Carmina Saddle Shoe in Tobacco Suede/Navy Calf

Carmina Derby Boot in Horween Chromexcel

Carmina Tanker in grain

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
all beautiful makeups! I am particularly fond of the last two Carmina boots

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads