• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IME boots are always sized a little larger than their same lasted shoe variant. There is just more wiggle room with a boot. Is that the same with anyone else?

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys feel it's the boot or the fact that it's shell that it's lasted a bit looser?

And is the difference enough to merit half size down from rain shoe size?

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Here are some pictures from the first day of our Gaziano&Girling Trunk Show with Tony Gaziano. He is in our store today (Saturday) as well and will be taking MTO orders and assist in fittings.

For those of you who can come by our store, please stop by and check out some cool samples and get fitting advice from the master himself, Tony Gaziano.

Enjoy your Saturdays :)

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What was I thinking??????
It's just a balmoral boot...you'd never wear it (keep repeating until you feel better
shog[1].gif
).

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

It's just a balmoral boot...you'd never wear it (keep repeating until you feel better 
shog%5B1%5D.gif
).

I convinced myself of that. I'd be fine if I never saw it again, haha!

pear

Reaction score
GMTO Proposal: Enzo Bonafé Balmoral Boot on the rounded 804 last

This GMTO will be based on Skoaktiebolaget's current make up with the following three modifications:
  • 804 last
  • Purple lining
  • Leather sole

To get an impression of the 804 last check: http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/enzo-bonafe/products/enzo-bonafe-double-monk

I picked the 804 last because of my low instep, but please don't take my word for it and contact the guys from Skoaktiebolaget for fitting advice.

Currently participating:
  • pear
  • woodstocks

So we need only one more participant to make this happen.

Both woodstocks and I are open to the addition of a punched cap, so if that might give you the nudge to participate, count us in.

We're also flexible regarding the lining and the sole material, so if you're interested in this boot but don't agree with our choices, feel free to propose something else and we'll discuss.

Best regards,
David

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like balmoral boots are getting some hype again! Maybe this will increase activity in the balmoral boot thread!

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would have kopped those u-wing boots but I got the GF cognac 973s (not to rub it in…) and thought they'd be too similar. Still - have some pangs of regret seeing those pics. Getting yet ANOTHER boot seems just ridiculous to me at this point, but still… Those are just phenomenal. I thought they looked great in Skoak's pics and the pics posted recently look even better.

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I would have kopped those u-wing boots but I got the GF cognac 973s (not to rub it in…) and thought they'd be too similar.  Still - have some pangs of regret seeing those pics.  Getting yet ANOTHER boot seems just ridiculous to me at this point, but still…  Those are just phenomenal.  I thought they looked great in Skoak's pics and the pics posted recently look even better.

Just like you to rub it in!

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those u wing Carmina boots are incredible. I have always been skeptical of Carmina's goods, but those take the cake, and I'm no more skeptical. I would consider them, if they are ever restocked. The finish on that shell looks as good as anything I've seen from any other top maker. Cheers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads