Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. MGD83

MGD83 Senior member

I agree with @RogerP

It's nice to see more contrast

2. fllick

fllick Senior member

Design wise yes. But colour wise it looks like its brown suede on the shaft of the eg shannon on my screen, so Im not too sure it would look the same

the usual practice is 50% up front with the other 50% and shipping costs when shoe is ready. so 2200 sek then the other 2200 and shipping would be dependent on where you're located.

I think it sounds good. depends on the type of suede bonafe has to offer though.

3. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

Forest last, black calf upper with black suede shaft, punch cap balmoral boot. . Pretty negotiable on everything else: Dainite or leather sole, exposed or blind eyelets, speed hooks or not.

4. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Sorry for being AFK for so long, both me and Gabriel are in Bologna visiting Bonafè so we are a bit behind on SF responses.

I actually think it's more subtle that you would think, basically you would only see the grey suede when you sit down.

The two are the exact same color, it's just that the button boot is poorly color corrected (my fault) and has too much saturation. The Bal Boot is a much better IRL reproduction.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  5. Goodman

Goodman Senior member

This is an interesting proposition. Basically you are splitting the difference between strong contrast and minimal contrast. The only downside is that it significantly tones down the "FU" aspect of the boot (as I continue my internal debate as to whether I push my boundaries or stay safe).

LeviMay - still may be interested in your GMTO and don't wish to step on it. I have 3 Carmina boots and love them all (1 burgundy and 2 brown) but I'm also just intrigued by Bonafe in general and want to try a pair of their shoes so, for now, I float in the ether.

6. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

Damn ether.

To be perfectly honest, it's the $200-300 CAD difference that's deterring me as much as the suede's contrast.

7. Goodman

Goodman Senior member

Hear you loud and clear.

8. pear

pear Member

Hello everyone,

this is my first post, but I've been reading this thread for quite some time now. I was about to pull the trigger on the Enzo Bonafé Balmoral boot this week, but Alexander confirmed what I had already sensed from reading the descriptions on here: The 74945 last is very likely to be not the right last for me.

So I'm considering an MTO of basically the same boot on the 804 last (see EB suede double monks). Things I might add for my personal enjoyment are purple lining and a punched cap. But I'd be willing to give these up for a potential GMTO. I'd also be open to a darker shade of suede for the shaft or a different kind of sole.

9. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Has anyone posted photos of the Bonafe museum calf adelaides in the wild?

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ have you received your uwing boots yet? customs/usps in ny took furever

11. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

Really? Customs from Skoak seems to be instant clearance for myself and many others going through NY

AND SOMEONE POST EXTENSIVE PHOTOS OF THE U WING. PLEASE.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

yeah took several business days to get them out of there. usps customs is always a a little slow but yes post pics please whoever gets them first! skoak already took down the link for the boots

13. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Mine left NY today. Based on typical USPS timing, I expect to have them on Friday. [​IMG]

14. laufer

laufer Senior member

What was wrong with 74945 last?

15. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

OK, time to pre-order the Dovers. Barrie size = US 8. Forest last Carminas = UK 7.5. Should I order UK 7.5 Dover on 606 last? Let me know if I should remove this post and put it in the EG thread. Thank-you in advance.