1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. MGD83

MGD83 Distinguished Member

Our Burgundy Beauty is on the slightly elongated and soft chiseled 2102b last. It's quite roomy in the instep but features a sleek vamp and a low toe box.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014

2. MGD83

MGD83 Distinguished Member

@Skoaktiebolaget Is the 2102b last roomier in the instep then the 946 last?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014

3. Skoaktiebolaget

Skoaktiebolaget Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

4. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Distinguished Member

Here's a blast from the past - black calf/suede balmoral boots from Skoaktiebolaget:

[​IMG]

I still went 'Wow!' when I opened the box to take them out this morning [​IMG]

5. Bertel

Bertel Senior Member

Wonderful! And stunning picture [​IMG]

6. RogerP

RogerP Distinguished Member

That reminds me - I really want a pair of black bal boots. Nice!

I don't often wear tall boots in the summer, but my Bonafes came out to play at the park yesterday:

[​IMG] [​IMG] Full shot in heir more usual frosty surroundings: [​IMG] I need more of this brand in the rotation.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014

7. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Distinguished Member

Thank you!

Yes, you should get some and I know just the place ... [​IMG]

Those boots look great. It's getting warmer over here so it won't be boot weather much longer.

8. dddrees

dddrees Distinguished Member

EG Nevis MTO Rosewood CC only needs one more.

Model : Nevis
    Last : 606 E Width
    Leather : Country Calf
    Soles : Dainite with storm welt.
    Eyelets : Hidden eyelets.
    Lining: Forest Green

Rosewood CC
    @dddrees
    @cwh812 (Willing to be the sixth if need be)
    @mrbrioni
    @Ironist
    @anderz *Ready to commit on the Rosewood choice

Almond CC
    @aldenwear
    @rydenfan
    @anderz first choice
    @CFML

Mahogany CC
    Payment link on Skoaktiebolaget

We're getting close but remember we need 6 people to complete an MTO. So put in your vote now

9. laufer

laufer Distinguished Member

Really the best value for the money. Unfortunately for me I can only wear 946 last. Other lasts are really strange. 2102 has a very high instep that there no way I could ever fit in it, 363 also has a high instep and it is very restrictive in the the toe box. I tried two different sizes on 363 and I could not make it wearable. great shoes by Bonafe.

10. laufer

laufer Distinguished Member

I was hoping you would say on 804 last. I had no luck with 363 last. I tried a pair of wingtip but the toe box was way to narrow while instep was very high. I tried going a half a size up and ordered a pair of boots thinking that they may fit me but this did not work either.
    There was some talk that you guys may bring a modified version of 363 last with increased toe room? Has this materialized or are you still bringing in the same 363 last?

11. Squire

Squire Active Member

Hi guys, I'm thinking of buying myself a pair of Balmoral boots for the winter and I'd like your input. How casual a clothes can I combine these Balmoral boots from Carmina with? Would they only work well with suits/odd jacket and trousers or could they be worn together with more casual clothes like chinos/jeans, shirt and a pullover?[​IMG]

12. striker

striker Senior Member

Very little is known of the Bonafes last, is there one particular one that has a lower instep?

13. Skoaktiebolaget

Skoaktiebolaget Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

You can definitely wear them with casual clothes such as denim or khakis if you'd like. The grain/calf combo is very versatile and pairs well with a lot of different fabrics and can be dressed up and dressed down as you'd like.
    The 804-last (used for our suede double monks) is notably lower in the instep than our other Enzo Bonafé-lasts.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014

14. ino68

ino68 Senior Member

I bought these boots, for the same reason, and they are very versatile indeed. I've worn them with a suit, with dress pants, chinos, and jeans. They look super sharp with the right denim/fit.

One word of caution--I think they're way too nice to see actual winter weather, the single thickness sole means that salt and slush will definitely get on the uppers!

After a year of weekly wear they are incredibly comfortable as well, even though the grain portion will feel a bit stiff out of the box.

15. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

I'm beginning to think that I can't be a well adjusted, functioning forum member until I see that movie.....