• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our Burgundy Beauty is on the slightly elongated and soft chiseled 2102b last. It's quite roomy in the instep but features a sleek vamp and a low toe box.

Last edited:

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a blast from the past - black calf/suede balmoral boots from Skoaktiebolaget:

I still went 'Wow!' when I opened the box to take them out this morning
smile.gif

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That reminds me - I really want a pair of black bal boots. Nice!

I don't often wear tall boots in the summer, but my Bonafes came out to play at the park yesterday:

orig.jpg
orig.jpg
Full shot in heir more usual frosty surroundings:
orig.jpg
I need more of this brand in the rotation.

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EG Nevis MTO Rosewood CC only needs one more.

Model : Nevis
Last : 606 E Width
Leather : Country Calf
Soles : Dainite with storm welt.
Eyelets : Hidden eyelets.
Lining: Forest Green

Rosewood CC
@dddrees
@cwh812 (Willing to be the sixth if need be)
@mrbrioni
@Ironist
@anderz *Ready to commit on the Rosewood choice

Almond CC
@aldenwear
@rydenfan
@anderz first choice
@CFML

Mahogany CC
Payment link on Skoaktiebolaget

We're getting close but remember we need 6 people to complete an MTO. So put in your vote now

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

orig.jpg
orig.jpg
Full shot in heir more usual frosty surroundings:
orig.jpg
I need more of this brand in the rotation.

Really the best value for the money. Unfortunately for me I can only wear 946 last. Other lasts are really strange. 2102 has a very high instep that there no way I could ever fit in it, 363 also has a high instep and it is very restrictive in the the toe box. I tried two different sizes on 363 and I could not make it wearable. great shoes by Bonafe.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, 363.

I was hoping you would say on 804 last. I had no luck with 363 last. I tried a pair of wingtip but the toe box was way to narrow while instep was very high. I tried going a half a size up and ordered a pair of boots thinking that they may fit me but this did not work either.
There was some talk that you guys may bring a modified version of 363 last with increased toe room? Has this materialized or are you still bringing in the same 363 last?

Squire

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm thinking of buying myself a pair of Balmoral boots for the winter and I'd like your input. How casual a clothes can I combine these Balmoral boots from Carmina with? Would they only work well with suits/odd jacket and trousers or could they be worn together with more casual clothes like chinos/jeans, shirt and a pullover?

striker

Reaction score
Very little is known of the Bonafes last, is there one particular one that has a lower instep?

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm thinking of buying myself a pair of Balmoral boots for the winter and I'd like your input. How casual a clothes can I combine these Balmoral boots from Carmina with? Would they only work well with suits/odd jacket and trousers or could they be worn together with more casual clothes like chinos/jeans, shirt and a pullover?
You can definitely wear them with casual clothes such as denim or khakis if you'd like. The grain/calf combo is very versatile and pairs well with a lot of different fabrics and can be dressed up and dressed down as you'd like.
Very little is known of the Bonafes last, is there one particular one that has a lower instep?
The 804-last (used for our suede double monks) is notably lower in the instep than our other Enzo Bonafé-lasts.

Last edited:

ino68

Reaction score

I bought these boots, for the same reason, and they are very versatile indeed. I've worn them with a suit, with dress pants, chinos, and jeans. They look super sharp with the right denim/fit.

One word of caution--I think they're way too nice to see actual winter weather, the single thickness sole means that salt and slush will definitely get on the uppers!

After a year of weekly wear they are incredibly comfortable as well, even though the grain portion will feel a bit stiff out of the box.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

The zugs told the customs official "these are not the boots you are looking for."

@tifosi - ignore that

I'm beginning to think that I can't be a well adjusted, functioning forum member until I see that movie.....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads