Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

2. europrep

europrep Senior member

I have a lot of suede shoes and no suede belts. I usually go for a textured belt like hatchgrain, croc, or lizard.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014

3. laufer

laufer Senior member

4. laufer

laufer Senior member

I have commando and ridgeway soles. Every sole is a slippery on the snow and ice. My problem with the victory soles is that the heel is very badly designed. Victory soles are slippery even if they catch a little rain. They are especially slippery on tiled floors. I have almost fallen on few occasion while walking on tiled floors while wearing boots with wet victory soles.

No soles are going to be good on ice/snow. In fact the only thing useful on ice is Yaktrax.

Really Carmina should have informed Skoaktibolaget about this change before proceeding. I will wait until I receive these boots than make a decision. Who knows maybe Soller last will provide some stability.

5. partyof6

partyof6 Senior member

Those colors are close enough, but I think it would look better if you matched textured belt/textured shoes vs. smooth belt/textured shoes. Europrep's suggestions work great. You could also pick up a snuff suede belt. Lots of places carry them. The snuff shade will cover any medium to light brown suede colored shoes you have and also give you texture consistency.

--edit--

6. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Depending on which shade of tobacco it is, you might want to give this one a look. I have a couple of the calf tubo belts, and they're really nice.

http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...uggine-tan-suede-tubo-tubular-dress-belt.html

[​IMG]

7. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I inspected these and did not reflect over the fact that they had been changed from Commando to Victory. Clearly a breach in communication between us and Carmina. Please e-mail [email protected] if you are a member of this GMTO and have any concerns. Personally i prefer the Victory over the Commando, and I'm not just saying that to smooth things over here. There's a reason we don't stock the commando sole anymore.

We sell about 150-200 Carmina pairs each month and these mistakes are actually very uncommon, given the amount of shoes that goes through our store. I don't think it's growing pains in the Carmina organization, I think they have actually made improvements the last couple of years. Unfortunately two incidents happened close to each other, but I would not read too much into it. The important thing for us is how we as a retailer handle this and have a solution that our clients are happy with. You can always e-mail us with your concerns and we will help you.

8. V1KTA222

V1KTA222 Senior member

I received my package from Skoaktie today and am overjoyed with the cognac bal boots I got. Thanks to the whole crew for their sizing advice and fast shipping (9 days from Skoaktie to California)!

I also went out on a limb to try the Tobacco full strap penny loafers in Uetam last, but unfortunately they don't fit. They are really beautiful and the suede is superb. Anyways, my loss can be your gain; instead of trying to do an international return, I thought I'd see if anyone here might want them. They are 8UK. Please PM me if interested. They will be up in the marketplace soon as well.

Pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. europrep

europrep Senior member

and it is the "good" tobacco...they look great, just not my size

10. golfinz

golfinz Senior member

Thanks Six! I talked to Steve at GFW and he has one tobacco suede belt instock so I'm going to pick that up and cut/resize it as needed. In speaking with him, his tobacco suede belt is a shade different than the tobacco suede I received but it shouldn't be an issue since they will be 3ft from each other.

And @V1KTA222 those loafers are sweet! If they were in my size, I would get them from ya

11. V1KTA222

V1KTA222 Senior member

Thanks for that. I wasn't sure if they were the old or new tobacco, because they were a little dark right out of the box. But the color was totally different in the natural light! Man, how I wish my feet weren't so low volume.

12. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

That's actually the "new" tobacco. They do look better in natural light than our in store photos, we have to try and take some better pics. :)

13. europrep

europrep Senior member

yes, yes, of course...that is what I meant by "good" [​IMG]

that is crazy how different it looks in the different light

14. razl

razl Senior member

This is, quite possibly, the perfect shade of brown - tobacco or otherwise. It is neutral enough to go with anything and everything, but has just enough hue to impart character. I kid not, perfect.

15. iznljca

iznljca Member

New house slippers just arrived, straight from Skoak. Thanks very much Patrik and Gabriel for all your advice and fantastic customer service. These are jumper boots, black horse's ass, model 80814, size 9 on Oscar last. Soft as cashmere and tough as nails. Go figure.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014