Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Carmina MTO.

2. Skoaktiebolaget

Skoaktiebolaget Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

The U-wing boot has been ordered in Dark Cognac, but the final result might differ from our specifications due to the current cordovan shortage. It will be on the Rain last with a double Tomir sole (leather/rubber combination).

The Balmoral Boots from Enzo Bonafé will be on the chiseled 74945 last (fits similar to the 946 last but features a more rounded toe box) with a sleek rubber sole called "Millerighe", which looks like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Personally, I wouldn't size any differently. I found the Carmina 803 Chelsea boot to fit comfortably snug around the instep and ankle when I sized down half a size.

Generally, sizing down a full size will change the fit and feel drastically in all aspects.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  3. MGD83

MGD83 Senior member

I think going half size down would probably be recommended to those who have lower arches / insteps and medium or narrower width feet. Whereas if your arch is higher and foot a bit medium or wide you would stay with your regular size. The type of socks you wear with them would make a difference too.

4. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

I can't offer any specific experience with Carmina Chelseas, but I do not as a rule size down for that style of boot. Of a size and last fits me in a shoe, I stick with it for a Chelsea. If anything I will size UP for a bal boot, but rarely size down for any reason.

5. MGD83

MGD83 Senior member

Roger, I'll share my personal experience as I only have 1 example.

I own a suede Simpson lasted double monk in a 9.5. It is a good fit for my foot although not perfect, since I'm not crazy about the low heel cup. They are comfortably snug. I had ordered myself a Simpson Chelsea in a 9.5 and I personally found the fit to be night and day. The chelsea had way too much room in the instep area I always felt like my foot was moving around too much inside. Obviously without laces, the boots are impossible to adjust and keep tight. I read that some other members had the same problem and sized down a half and they fit perfectly.

If it makes any difference, I also had the same experience with the crockett and jones 348 last, for the tetbury. I initially purchased the tetbury in a 9.5 since I had previously owned a Westbourne in the same size. I had to go down to a size 9 to make it work. The 9.5 felt cavernous.

6. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

Two retailers - people who spend most of their waking time selling shoes, which means knowing an awful lot about the lines they sell and giving sizing advice to hundreds, if not thousands, of feet about those shoe lines they make it their business to know so much about - have both given their sizing advice about the chelsea. And they both have the same advice. I would suggest letting the experts, the retailers, do their thing. They, not you, have to deal with the results of sizing difficulties.

7. MGD83

MGD83 Senior member

Yes obviously, as I stated, that's only my personal experience. It is not my recommendation to anybody in particular.

8. joiji

joiji Senior member

The above leads me to believe that Skoak sized down an additional half a size in the chelsea? I may be misinterpreting things, though.

9. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Loved that grain longwing!! Might have to grab those

11. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

If I wasn't getting the Dover and Galway MTOs going this week I would probably grab them as well.

12. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

EG Dover, 2 MTO Galways, a Carmina Chelsea and these??? That feels like a lot for one week...but I do really like them...hhhmm

13. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Here's the pre-order deposit link for the Dover Mahogany CC GMTO:
    http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/products/pre-order-deposit-edward-green-dover-in-mahogany-country-calf

• Edward Green Dover
    • Mahogany Country Calf
    • 202 last
    • Dainite Sole with flat welt (normal welt)
    • Width: E (for other widths please make a note in your order comment)
    • Full price ex VAT, outside the EU: 6640 SEK. EG trees 760 SEK. Shipping 300 SEK (total 7700 SEK ex VAT)
    • Full price inc. VAT, inside the EU: 8300 SEK. EG Trees 950 SEK. Shipping 200 SEK (free shipping for Sweden, Denmark, Finland).
    • Deposit: 25% deposit, 75% payment before delivery

The deposit is 2075 SEK/1660 SEK ex VAT and this is 25% of the full price, plus shipping. The remaining 75% will be billed before delivery. Delivery is planned for late January 2015. Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable to other orders.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  14. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have this exact shoe. Love it.

15. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Done!