Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. laufer

laufer Senior member

Good luck guys. Also if you could take pictures of Carmina leather swatch book and post the link to it it would be of great help for us contemplating MTO. There are some colors I have never seen and I reluctant to order without knowing what I get.

2. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Thank you all for your support and encouragement! Please continue to post questions and it’s always exciting to hear about customer testimonials; feedback is imperative for us in order to develop our business in a positive direction.

3. letmefly

letmefly Senior member

Sweet - always nice to see some fellow swedes here and with the store only a few blocks away I'm running out of excuses to take a look first hand. Welcome!

4. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Great to have you as an affiliate vendor!

Finally time and place to gather people who are interested in MTOs as well as smaller and larger sizes of styles that you commonly offer :).

Anyone else interested in the Uetam string loafer?

5. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Senior member

They get four different string loafers in march. Below is the list they have on their web site (http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/store):

- Carmina 80228 String Loafer in Brown Suede sizes UK 7-10.5
    - Carmina 80228 String Loafer in Snuff Suede sizes UK 7-10.5
    - Carmina 80228 String Loafer in Ante Suede sizes UK 7-10.5
    - Carmina 80228 String Loafer in Navy Suede sizes UK 7-10.5

6. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Did not know that, but spoke to Leaves before via PM.
    Unluckily I am a UK6 to UK6.5 in Carmina (never had a pair before) and I understand it is just not worth to stock sizes as small as that.
    But back in the day Leaves told me it might be possible to run a group order through them if there are enough people interested.
    win-win-situation, those people, and myself, won't have to pay as much for their pair as if they would go through personal MTO and Skoaktiebolaget would still earn some money from us.

7. Leaves

Yes, they are from Springline.

We have a Carmina swatch in the store. We will try and take some photos of this and post online. We do have a very broad representation of Carmina materials on our website though.

Yeah sorry about that but we have very few requests for 6.5 and 6. But of course we can always arrange for a "group MTO" as you mention.

At the moment we have these styles in UK 6.5:
    732 - Black Calf FOREST
    910 - Black Calf RAIN
    10008 - Brown calf SIMPSON
    80302 - Noix (Sand) Suede SOLLER

We also have the following incoming in UK 6.5:
    732 - Brown Calf FOREST
    80092 - Brown Calf/Snuff Suede FOREST
    80302 - Brown Suede SOLLER
    10003 - Tanned Calf SIMPSON
    10003 - Black Calf SIMPSON

And these are incoming in UK 6:
    10003 - Brown Calf SIMPSON
    732 - Black Calf FOREST
    732 - Brown Calf FOREST

8. MrChris

MrChris Senior member

Been having my eyes on the store since opening but never managed to come by. Plan to pay a visit next time I'm in Stockholm.

9. Swede66

Swede66 Senior member

Congrats to becoming affiliates.

I am a fellow Swede, and I really love to finally have a real store for shoes in town. I've paid two visits and bought two pairs of shoes. I am a the "Carmina level" so far, not (yet) willing to spend the extra bucks for EG and G&G. Not only do Skoaktiebolaget do the best Carmina make-ups, they are also damned nice and passionate guys. A pleasure to visit the store!

Patrik. If you ever consider expanding the Brit's to a more affordable range, please know that AS Exclusives are yet to be represented in Sweden. With them you'd definitely spank the Grafford guys also on Brittish "affordable" shoes of high quality.

Best of luck, I'll keep on supporting you.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013

10. dlind

dlind Senior member

Yes AS exclusive would be an interesting addition, I have yet to see the store but will definitely pay a visit next time i'm back home in sthlm...

11. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

Leaves, you have several eccentric pairs available. I trust you've consciously wanted to offer models not readily available in most stores?

12. Leaves

Moi Ville, yes, we have chosen to stock some models that are a bit "unorthodox". It’s fun to be able to offer something that is not the norm.

13. Leaves

Thanks for the feedback! Me and the lads really appreciate your kind words!
    We will always be on the lookout for interesting artisans, although at this point we feel we have a very strong line up, especially with Bonafé coming in during April. But who knows what the future holds...

14. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Congrats Leaves, wishing you the best

15. niklasnordin

niklasnordin Senior member

Feels weird to welcome you here when it was Adam who told me to join Styleforum :)
    Still...welcome.

I have an idea that I would like to put out here that I think would help with your online shoppers.
    What I would like to have on the homepage is a 'shoe size calculator' (could also be an app).

Basically you just draw your foot on paper and maybe use a tape measure to take some measurements.

You put the numbers in the calculator and get the recommendations on size/last and/or width for the different brands.

Maybe there is a simple formula for this, in which case this should be trivial, otherwise, with the help of this community,
    I dont think it would be hard to get people to post their measurements together with what shoe size they have for different brands/last to build a statistical model.

But, since I dont have the knowledge of the minimal amount of measurements you need to be able to perform this calculation this is where I need help.
    The rest is pretty simple...I think :)

And last I have to say I love your store and I hope it will prosper and grow even bigger.