1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

New DHL Express zones!

I am happy to announce that we can now offer even quicker express deliveries. This means we can provide deliveries within 2-3 business days without the extra "express charge" we had through FedEx. These countries are available. As DHL is a new courier, please send me feedback if you have any!

Republik Singapura
    Canada
    Australia
    Schweiz
    Deutschland
    Ελληνική Δημοκρατία
    Holland
    Portugal

Since before:
    香港
    日本国

2. willyto

willyto Active Member

I haven't ordered any shoes yet from Skoaktiebolaget but I wanted to express that I'm really pleased and happy with the order I did for the book Masters Shoemakers . The package was exceptional, the attention to detail just to ship a book with an envelope with the paper explaining who and how take care of the order was a nice touch and I definitely appreciate it because it shows me that there are real people behind it. The shipping was fast too and very reasonable.

One thing to note though is that I haven't been able to access the books area of the store through the website. I found it through google because I remembered that Skoaktiebolaget stocked the book but wasn't able to get to it through normal access so I thought they were sold out. Meaning with this that unless I searched on the internet the name of the book and Skoaktiebolaget and found the link or searched for the book in the search function I just can't find the books in the website. I'm not sure if it's just me but from the frontpage I don't have a Category that says Books nor can I access that Category where there are 3 books available.

3. Leaves

Thanks for the feedback! Great to hear and glad you like our service. The books are a bit hidden away under the accessories menu. I agree it could be more visible but we do not have a lot of books. https://www.skoaktiebolaget.com/collections/books

Capture.JPG

4. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior Member

@Leaves is there any chance after you reveal the new maker (whenever that is) you could give us a little peak into how you make this selection (without naming companies of course)? Do you have a short list of makers that consider each time or do you pretty much know who you'd like to carry? Do you order several trial shoes and test them (and how)? Obviously there are financial considerations that I have no desire to hear but I think we'd all be interested to hear how you decide to carry a maker like Bonafe or Scafora, etc.

5. Leaves

In the beginning, before the launch of the shop, I had a very short list of makers and we then got to stock all of them except one. At this early stage I did not know the business and basically went on intuition only. It was a very passion driven project. Coming from a B2B background it was refreshing to work with small, often family owned businesses instead of Microsoft, Apple, HP to name a few, that are very professional but also very impersonal. In hindsight though, to be honest, it is much easier to build a stable, long term business with the latter.

I had done a lot of research, spent many hours on SF to mention one source, from around 2010 and up to our opening so not a lot of trial shoes and prototypes were needed. And a lot of makers had been suffering the years following the European debt crisis and were extremely happy to get new accounts. Everything went very smoothly to be honest. Since then a lot have happened. Now, when I scout for a new maker it's much more of a science. A maker has to tick all the boxes for me or I know there will just be troubles ahead. Many people have been frustrated that we do not pick up this or that brand, but every maker you can possibly imagine has been evaluated and considered, if they are not stocked at Skoaktiebolaget there's valid reason for it. It might sound a little less exciting and in a way it is, but this latest maker has really gotten me so excited. I will of course share some of my thoughts and the process leading up to the launch of the new MM after launch!

6. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Stylish Dinosaur