Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. MGD83

MGD83 Distinguished Member

Leaves, can Carlos Santos do MTO for suedes? I know they have the patina service order and I was wondering if they had a separate service for suedes as well.

2. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Nope they do not have this service.

3. Leaves

I will mention two factors that make Carlos Santos good value from a pricing perspective, that I did not include in my last post. Compared to many other makers in this tier they have a larger factory with a very streamlined
    production line. Just the fact that the minimum order is 12 pairs instead of Carmina’s 6 (actually a common minimum for many makers) makes a big difference. They also have no traditional MTO service, this is a choking point for all makers. It’s actually very clever to have developed the Patina Service in order to still offer some degree of customisable products (shoes and belts).

What I do miss though is a proper MTO program. I won’t deny it. But at least we usually do 1-3 GMTO runs every month.

4. MGD83

MGD83 Distinguished Member

Can we get an MTO going for the CS suede chelsea in dark brown :) or at least offer a re-stock from sold out sizes?

5. UNOAIMX

UNOAIMX Well-Known Member

Skoak Enzo Bonafe Etruscan wholecut 946 shined with saphir Bordeaux wax, been a year since I started wearing it, crease are really starting to show. Aside from Toe and heel, Hard to figure out where to put enough wax along the outside/vamp/length of the shoe, but it has been quite easy to shine since it’s all so smooth green laces from J Fitzpatrick
    81CA3122-18E1-4909-B856-3818F4B73DB8.jpeg
    A9346519-5D99-4B4C-A759-1A6C29293155.jpeg

6. UNOAIMX

UNOAIMX Well-Known Member

Anybody got tips on how to minimize creasing on whole cuts

7. budapest12

budapest12 Distinguished Member

^ Honest opinion is the creases look good and I wouldn't really worry much about them. I don't think I would try to minimize them but just accept them.

8. deez shoes

deez shoes Senior Member

I agree with budapest12. You already have healthy creases on your shoes. I think they look fresh. Enjoy them :fonz:

9. Leaves

Agreed 100%. I don't really understand how you could have a pair of leather shoes without creases. Especially wholecuts will show creases a lot, it's the nature of a wholecut as there is no brogueing or seams to "hide" the creases. Even a pair of GG bespoke wholecuts will have creases.

10. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Distinguished Member

Agreed with the above. The creasing looks rather minimal from what I can tell, and there really isn't any possible way to entirely eliminate creasing...unless you're a Sultan and people cart you everywhere lol.

11. budapest12

budapest12 Distinguished Member

Well, there is a prescription medication you can take to make all of your footwear look completely unworn. It's called Mdubsaloft(TM) but you should talk to your doctor before taking it and it may not be right for everyone.