• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a strong indication that skoak is phasing out Carmina. It used to be that when you clicked on their core line ups the shoes that were out of size were listed as " waiting list". Now they are listed as "sold out". With this and no boots f/w collection arrival it seems that Carmina time is up with skoak.

Last edited:

mirinjobra

Reaction score
There is a strong indication that skoak is phasing out Carmina. It used to be that when you clicked on their core line ups the shoes that were out of size were listed as " waiting list". Now they are listed as "sold out". With this and no boots f/w collection arrival it seems that Carmina time is up with skoak.

Yes, it is unfortunate. Nowadays seems like Skoak is mainly a retailer for CS. There are hardly any other offerings on the site.

Speaking strictly of boots. Seems like there are a few enzo bonafe/carmina, with 90% being CS.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is unfortunate. Nowadays seems like Skoak is mainly a retailer for CS. There are hardly any other offerings on the site.

Speaking strictly of boots. Seems like there are a few enzo bonafe/carmina, with 90% being CS.
well if you exclude Carmina from the equation, which is a special case, i would think that some of it has a lot to do with interest since cs shoes appear to move faster and the other bit may have to do with production time (goodyear vs handwelt)

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That looks really nice. Could you share the construction method and the price range now?

They are Goodyear welted. I never reveal price range before launch. Feel free to guess. :-D

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My guess is midrange between Scafora and Bonafe, with potential to be around carmina replacement range, though i would consider that unlikely...wouldn’t bet on it overshooting either Lobb or StC.

Wingtip77

Reaction score
Alright my guess is jfitzpatrick, aka the shoe snob. Around 500 usd.

I thought that. The recent trunk show and the English styling suggest so, but I have a sneaky feeling it could perhaps be Alfred Sargent?

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully Carmina will continue to be a part of the inventory. I love the boot and chukka offerings from Carmina, especially suedes.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can’t think of a GYW maker besides Carmina and GG who will do a one piece Chelsea boot. Maybe Skoak will introduce us to a completely new house...

Meyboom

Reaction score
I thought that. The recent trunk show and the English styling suggest so, but I have a sneaky feeling it could perhaps be Alfred Sargent?

I would be surprised with jfitzpatrick since Skoak only seems to work with manufacturers. Jfitzpatrick designs the shoes but has them made by a third party in Spain.
My guess still is that Skoak will bring back GG...

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can’t think of a GYW maker besides Carmina and GG who will do a one piece Chelsea boot. Maybe Skoak will introduce us to a completely new house...

J Fitz also makes a wholecut Chelsea GYW. RMW also? Although a bit different style of course.

I would be surprised with jfitzpatrick since Skoak only seems to work with manufacturers. Jfitzpatrick designs the shoes but has them made by a third party in Spain.
My guess still is that Skoak will bring back GG...

Yeah, I don’t think that is relevant, even if that is the case in the currently stocked and sold brands.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads