• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree with insy that if anything in the Simpson last is a good fit for you, Bonafe's higher insteps (at least as exhibited in the 363MOD last) will pose a challenge for you. We wear the same size in Rain (the best fitting Carmina last I've tried), and I can barely wear the 363MOD, it's so generous in height.

insy

Reaction score
While we are talking about sizing and fit. Those who own G&G and Carmina Simpson, what is the biggest difference fitting wise between them? My feet are very tricky, the right feet is slightly longer at the same time I have a narrow heel and very low instep. I suspect most are taking the same size for both lasts, am I correct assuming G&G in the same size fits more tightly overall compared to Simpson?

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While we are talking about sizing and fit. Those who own G&G and Carmina Simpson, what is the biggest difference fitting wise between them? My feet are very tricky, the right feet is slightly longer at the same time I have a narrow heel and very low instep. I suspect most are taking the same size for both lasts, am I correct assuming G&G in the same size fits more tightly overall compared to Simpson?

I take the same size for both, and I find the fit to be near identical. I get more heel grip from G&G.

CarlosMS16

Reaction score
Gentleman,
Do any of you here have any more suggestions for shoe tightness. My Carmina full strap penny loafers done on calf leather are tight on my left foot, on top of the strap, to the extent my leg starts to feel funny. I place cardboard along with the shoetree when in storage and I've tried having it stretched and it has come back to original form. I'm starting to have second thoughts. I try to wear them twice a week in the office to soften them out.

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't have GG in hand but tried them in same size, same to Edward Green and Cleverley

Manav Kapoor

Reaction score
I too would appreciate some advice for Carmina Simpson.

My right foot is very slightly longer, but my left is slightly wider at the toes.

Rain 7UK is a perfect fit on my right foot and a tiny bit narrow with minor heel slip on the left foot.

Detroit 7UK unlined shell fits nice on both feet.

Would 7.5 be recommended for Simpson? How's the heel on this last?

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For me G&G fits more snug than Carmina Simpson Last. Heel grip and instep fits better and there is more toe room in MH71/DG70/GG06 lasts of G&G than Simpson same size.
In the Rain last there is more toe room than the Simpson last and Heel is bigger with higher instep than Simpson/G&G lasts but sizing up half size than normal on the Simpson last will cause heel slippage.
Best is to try out the last in person or return/exchange incase it doesn't work.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear 6.5 in Carmina Rain, 6.5 in G&G, and 7 in Carmina Simpson.

Simpson is the best last IMO

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I too would appreciate some advice for Carmina Simpson.

My right foot is very slightly longer, but my left is slightly wider at the toes.

Rain 7UK is a perfect fit on my right foot and a tiny bit narrow with minor heel slip on the left foot.

Detroit 7UK unlined shell fits nice on both feet.

Would 7.5 be recommended for Simpson? How's the heel on this last?

Simpson has a significantly lower instep than both. How do both fit across yours?

Wingtip77

Reaction score
Just thought I'd say thank you to the guys at Skoaktiebolaget for their superb service. I ordered my first pair of Carlos Santos (Carlos Santos Semi Brogue in Coimbra Patina), and they arrived in the U.K. In just a few days.

The shoes are beautiful and fit perfectly. Having only ever bought shoes from UK makers (Crockett & Jones, Alfred Sargent, etc) I wasn't sure what I would make of the Carlos Santos fit and quality, but so far I'd say they are as good, if not better.

Thanks again.

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just thought I'd say thank you to the guys at Skoaktiebolaget for their superb service. I ordered my first pair of Carlos Santos (Carlos Santos Semi Brogue in Coimbra Patina), and they arrived in the U.K. In just a few days.

The shoes are beautiful and fit perfectly. Having only ever bought shoes from UK makers (Crockett & Jones, Alfred Sargent, etc) I wasn't sure what I would make of the Carlos Santos fit and quality, but so far I'd say they are as good, if not better.

Thanks again.
Thank you for your kind words and we are very glad to hear that you like your new shoes. Please wear them in good health.

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear 6.5 in Carmina Rain, 6.5 in G&G, and 7 in Carmina Simpson.

Simpson is the best last IMO

I take similar size but 6.5 GG/E.G. Didn't work out and need 7 as my ball has some protruding joins.

For Simpson my issue is the vamp still rolls - my instep is merely 24.5cm when standing.

Meyboom

Reaction score
IMG_0148.JPG
New arrival... EB's etrusco calf is such a great colour...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads