Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

^ On the other hand woaw you're a &@$&. Impulse control - a trying concept for these trying times.

2. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Personally I think brass buckles may be too much for a seamless wholecut. ;)

3. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

I think it look great, its almost like a partial exotic without having the ego of of something like crocodile (not judging don't take it out of context). The peccary will give you glove like comfort up top.

Look at the second photo with the front view; with trousers over top those are unstoppable for a black boot that isn't boring. Antique brass speed hooks are a perfect compliment.

4. supern0va

supern0va Senior member

@Leaves

For the black seamless wholecut intero 771, is this weinheimer black calf or is it the regular vitello black calf?

5. cypi2

cypi2 Senior member

I could not agree more with @CanadaCal and @Beav:
    The monthly GMTOs give 'bigger-footed' people (UK 11 and above) more opportunities to purchase shoes at RTW prices which is great.

And, I wonder if I am the only person who'd welcome some handwelted Paolo Scafora GMTOs?...

For example, would there be any interest in the Paolo Scafora Pompei in Rubino calf?

That is, this austerity brogue:

Paolo-Scafora-Pompei.jpg

In this leather:

Paolo-Scafora-Rubino-Calf.jpg

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017 at 10:18 AM

6. MrUnderwood

MrUnderwood Senior member

Huh? So because i chose this moment to speak my mind and talk frankly you think i lack impulse control? Reality check, this is shoes not faces of real people i am judging. I repeat, it is shoes!

You call me a word you have to censor because i call the boot an abomination; and dare talking about impulse control, there is something about rocks and glass houses that comes to mind..

I agree that it lacks some kind of home, that it ventures into exotic without going all the way and i reckon that is my problem with it. I am certain that it requires a high degree of technical skill to perform this boot, but design wise i cannot help but think that it is going in various directions and i think the end result is confusing.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017 at 10:00 AM

7. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

^ I chose that moment to speak my mind and talk frankly.

8. MrUnderwood

MrUnderwood Senior member

First you call me a censored word, now you are acting like a baby.. Maybe closing down styleforum and checking in later is advisable, you are clearly angry about something else.

9. Hermitize

Hermitize Well-Known Member

FWIW, I have the EB black/peccary balmoral. I have to admit it was a bit of an impulse buy as I'm probably the LEAST adventuresome shoe person on SF. But I've really enjoyed them. I can understand how some would be turned off, but the peccary really is comfortable and makes for a different look. Barely noticeable with most pants, but just my thoughts.

Now, does anyone have experience with the last for those EB cordovan boots compared to their other lasts?? I've always had good success with EB until my last oxfords that cut the shizz out of my heels.

10. Wrenkin

Wrenkin Senior member

Any folks with wide feet have any experience on the Carlos Santos 316 last? The GMTO balmoral boots with Dainite look great for Toronto. I saw someone on another forum claim it was ok for a US E. Skoak advised I could always size up but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

11. sdfzs

sdfzs Senior member

I wear standards width CS 316 (don't know if there even is a wide width) find it as wide as AE 65 last in E width if this helps. CS size 9, AE size 10

12. Schweino

Schweino Senior member

13. knappabn

knappabn Well-Known Member

@Leaves is the price increase on the GMTO wholecut because it's seamless? It seems like a substantial upcharge, but it's a beautiful shoe. I'm trying to decide if it's worth the premium.