Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. etostano

etostano Senior member

Am thinking about an MTO for the above captoe bal boot in burgundy on 946 last, possibly with matching suede shaft (open to other ideas). Also hoping to have speed hooks for the top if bonafe can/will do them. Would there be any interest in a GMTO for something like this?

2. member2000r

member2000r Senior member

Are there enough participants in the plain black whole cut now?

3. laufer

laufer Senior member

Keep me updated.

4. S K M

S K M Senior member

5. blue2007

blue2007 Senior member

Still trying to figure out the sizing for Carmina, and more specifically for the Rain last. The in-store measurement says I'm 12D, and I wear CJ 348 in 11 (even though they were very tight for a while) and Gaziano & Girling TG73 in 11.5. I also have a Meermin New Rey Last in 11 that took a very long time to break in and sometimes can feel tight.

Should I go with 11.5 in Rain? I have a Carmian Simpson wholecut that is 11 and I'm sure it could have been 11.5 to be comfortable, it still hurts when wearing it.

Thank you.

6. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

7. wurger

wurger Senior member

8. S K M

S K M Senior member

To my knowledge there is no Skoak GMTO of heather gorse. If there were, I believe they would have put it up here...

9. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

To my knowledge there is. And anyone who wants in should contact them directly. Take my word or don't, but I haven't been hallucinating the e-mail exchange I've had with Patrik over the last hour.

Skoak's makeup is all zug, no suede, no shearling, 64 last, Veldt, Ridgeway soles. It may be that they are replying first to those who sent e-mails / PMs / carrier pigeons yesterday asking to be included. I don't know.

But whatever the case, you can wonder whether I am right or ask them yourselves if I am. Your call.

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Roger, you in? I have an email and PM back in but haven't received confirmation yet

11. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

I'm in - got confirmation from Patrik earlier - must be getting late in his end of the world, but hopefully there will be public clarification by tomorrow if not tonight.

12. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Senior member

Agree with RogerP. To my knowledge the Skoaktiebolaget zug MTO is the only one. Didn't Leaves post in the EG thread that he got hold of leather for 15 pairs of zug Galway and the EG thread exploded?

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Nice! I got info from him on the GMTO and replied back immediately. I didn't get confirmation but 15 is a decent sized run so hoping I got in

14. MGD83

MGD83 Senior member

RogerP, how did you nail down your Edward Green sizing for the Galway boots? How do they fit as compared to Carmina lasts?

15. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

@dddrees has confirmed that he's in, too. The hallucination must be contagious. [​IMG] Seriously, I'm not trying to be dick (don't say it comes naturally). But if someone wants in on an all-zug model, you can banter on the forum or you can talk to Skoak. Only one of those two options will get you a Galway.