Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Skoaktiebolaget – Carlos Santos, Enzo Bonafé, Saint Crispin’s, Paolo Scafora, Carmina, Rubinacci

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leaves, Feb 27, 2013.

1. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I will be curious how you find the sizing of the 82 last in comparison to other boots in your collection.

2. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

It is of course frustrating for us that different people at EG are saying different things about the shearling. What I did last week was to ask the store manager at Jermyn Street. And he confirms what you are saying. I hope this sorts everything out. Sorry for the confusion earlier.

"The lining is around the ankle part of the boot, the easiest way to explain it is if you look at the attached picture the shearling is attached to the part of the boot in Mink suede only."

[​IMG]

3. Leaves

Not to my knowledge because I don't recall them doing Inca in different widths. But I can double check, please e-mail us if you need more info.

Please use the tracking number provided using www.usps.com and you'll see exactly where the parcel is. Shipping to the US East Coast is usually the fastest (about 5 business days) because everything we ship to the US goes through a shipping facility in NY. For the rest of the US it can be 6-12 business days, even more on rare occasions.

I don't think Carmina does the museum calf. I'll double check.

We have an Adelaide in calf and croc incoming in March. But alligator is a totally different ball park. Most exotics we do are MTOs. Please see attached price list for Q1 for more details. [ATTACHMENT=8379]CMPRICELISTQ12014.pdf (200k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Correct!

Yes, we have an order incoming in March. Please e-mail us to be on the waiting list.

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Thanks Patrik, looks like it might be arriving today :slayer:

Didn't realize that I could use the same tracking number on USPS, I'd been tracking it on the PostNord site

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014

5. Leaves

We might stock a few extra pairs but I can't promise anything.

6. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Will let you know my friend. I'm looking to get Westministers on 888 last as well. Going to my local BB store and see if I can try both lasts.

7. rc121

rc121 Senior member

does your local BB actually have EG in stock? Mine doesn't and told me I would have to purchase any pairs i was interested in and have them shipped to the store to try on. Not really great customer service...

8. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Quote:I know for sure they have a few models on the 888 last (like a grogeous pair of slate captoe oxfords that have been tempting the heck out of me for a while). Hopefully they have something on the 82 for you to try as well. Be sure the chekc the widths - not every SA there understands that they come in different widths. ;-)

9. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Will do Roger :) Thanks for all your help once again.

10. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

When I was in the flagship store last year, they had at least 5 or 6 EG models.

Update:

Just tried 82 and 888 lasts. Size 8.5E UK fits me spot on. I'm size 9D on Brannock and wear the following:

Alden: Barrie and Trubalance in 8.5D, Plaza 9D (a bit snug), Grant 9D

Carmina: Rain 7.5UK, Inca 8UK, Simpson 8UK, Utetam 7.5UK

I wonder if I should take EG 202 in same size as 82 and 888. That's the only last I couldn't try.

82 last pic below:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014

11. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Nice - you're all sorted!

12. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

Thanks for the confirmation Leaves though, not necessarily what I wanted to hear as I preferred your original version.

On another note someone mentioned that the Galway (82 Last, Dark Oak and Walnut Country Calf, Dainite Soles) was a stock model for you and thus does not incur MTO fees. Are there any other version of the Galway that's considered a stock model or is that the only one?

13. member2000r

member2000r Senior member

Patrik, do you have plans for G&G racing green Bramhall? Will definitely get one if in TG73 or MH71[​IMG]

14. Leaves

202 fits a little wider and a hair shorter than 82 and 888. I use the same size for all three lasts but 82 and 888 fits more snug.

That is correct. The Galway in Dark Oak and Walnut CC on Dainite is a "stock line" model and will not incur a surcharge. Galway in Dark Oak and Mink Suede on Dainite is also considered a stock line model for our shop.

Nope, sorry. A little bit too extreme, our G&G clients usually go for more subtle make ups. :)

15. member2000r

member2000r Senior member

I do also believe a perforated cap toe in midnight blue & 202 last by Edward Green will kill my wallet