• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winendine

Reaction score

Seems like hatch grain is a no go for the rain chukka

Any interest for vegano brown calf for this model ?

Is that the karengrain brown carmina offers? What sole did you have in mind? Carmina also offers natur calf brown.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Edward Green Galway is always just lined in the vamp (the area covering the foot) and not the shaft. The only part of the shaft that is lined is a small strip on the top of the shaft.

Leaves, can you confirm that the shearling is only in the vamp (Rosewood Country Calf Galway MTO)? Someone in the Edward Green thread indicates that his is in the shaft. I'm interested in this but shearling in the shaft is a non-starter for me as I prefer it to warm my feet and toes rather than my ankles.

sheranf

Reaction score
I just received my pair of Carmina Jodhpurs today. Size UK 11. Fits very well. First order from Skoak and the entire experience was as smooth and ultra professional as others have reported.

For comparison, I take UK 10.5 in C&J 348 last, UK 11.5 in EG 888 and 202 and am normally a US 12. So, my take is that the Jodhpurs are a full size down from your normal US size. YMMV.

Beautiful boots, very little break in needed. The Chromexcel leather is very soft and pliable and exceptionally comfortable. All in all, one happy customer after my first Carmina pair and first Skoak order. :D

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ thats fantastic. which boot? and last?

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received my pair of Carmina Jodhpurs today. Size UK 11. Fits very well. First order from Skoak and the entire experience was as smooth and ultra professional as others have reported.

For comparison, I take UK 10.5 in C&J 348 last, UK 11.5 in EG 888 and 202 and am normally a US 12. So, my take is that the Jodhpurs are a full size down from your normal US size. YMMV.

Beautiful boots, very little break in needed. The Chromexcel leather is very soft and pliable and exceptionally comfortable. All in all, one happy customer after my first Carmina pair and first Skoak order.
biggrin.gif

Forum rule: pics are mandatory.
smile.gif

rc121

Reaction score

Seems like hatch grain is a no go for the rain chukka

Any interest for vegano brown calf for this model ?

Is that the karengrain brown carmina offers? What sole did you have in mind? Carmina also offers natur calf brown.

I'd rather stick with one of the grain options Leaves mentioned. And I believe the sole option was single dainite

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Leaves, can you confirm that the shearling is only in the vamp (Rosewood Country Calf Galway MTO)? Someone in the Edward Green thread indicates that his is in the shaft. I'm interested in this but shearling in the shaft is a non-starter for me as I prefer it to warm my feet and toes rather than my ankles.

All Galway shearling lined boots are shearling lined in the vamp and there's a small strip of shearling just on the top part of the shaft, not the whole shaft.

Beautiful boots, very little break in needed. The Chromexcel leather is very soft and pliable and exceptionally comfortable. All in all, one happy customer after my first Carmina pair and first Skoak order. :D

Thanks for the feedback! We aim to please. :)

^ thats fantastic. which boot? and last?

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/frontpage/products/carmina-jodhpur-boot-in-chromexcel

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

I'm trying to organise a GMTO of the EG ALderley with the following specs:

- Edwardian Antigue (only slightly burnished)
- Single leather sole (though HAF can work, if people have strong preferences for this)
- Regular welt
- Last 202 (the only option)
- E-width (though F could work as well, but I guess E suits most people)

Please PM me if your interested in this make up.

For reference, the boots will look like this:

And the colour close to this:

Hope you like the idea!

Cheers,
SKM

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Guys, I'd love your feedback on something; we're experimenting with a currency converter in our web store. Right now it's slightly "hidden" at the bottom of the page (it will be improved graphically when we launch it). What happens when you chose a currency that is not EURO or SEK is that the "excl. VAT" text is hidden and only the price ex VAT will be displayed because the other currencies are outside the EU and will not be charged VAT. I think it's a pretty nice feature but I'd love to hear what you guys think.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I'd love your feedback on something; we're experimenting with a currency converter in our web store. Right now it's slightly "hidden" at the bottom of the page (it will be improved graphically when we launch it). What happens when you chose a currency that is not EURO or SEK is that the "excl. VAT" text is hidden and only the price ex VAT will be displayed because the other currencies are outside the EU and will not be charged VAT. I think it's a pretty nice feature but I'd love to hear what you guys think.

This gets my vote.

Always good to know exactly what one is going to have to pay before conducting the transaction.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good idea. I am constantly flipping between your site and an open page with a currency converter.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Good idea.  I am constantly flipping between your site and an open page with a currency converter. 

We have quite a few Canadian clients so we actually incorporated CAD into the system. :)

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys, I'd love your feedback on something; we're experimenting with a currency converter in our web store. Right now it's slightly "hidden" at the bottom of the page (it will be improved graphically when we launch it). What happens when you chose a currency that is not EURO or SEK is that the "excl. VAT" text is hidden and only the price ex VAT will be displayed because the other currencies are outside the EU and will not be charged VAT. I think it's a pretty nice feature but I'd love to hear what you

Very helpful guide. Ultimate would include PayPal's current exchange rates since that is the truer cost.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads