• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

lartiste

Reaction score
Great. I was never alarmed by the first picture.
Almost every shoe I get looks like that before I break them in.

Your own brand is great. I am going to buy the same shoes also in brown suede.

lartiste

Reaction score
@Leaves

Enjoy your holidays and spend your time with your wife and kids (?).

If you will have one day time, can you provide basic statistic of purchases. I would like to know whether you can disclose on anonymous basis nr. of shoes purchased by top 3 (or 10) buyers.

I count my purchases, I am at the moment at 20, including 3 pairs purchased as gifs.

To break the number:

Enzo Bonafé 11 (including 2 pairs for others)
Gaziano & Girling 3 (all GMTO)
Edward Green 2
Carmina 2 (including 1 pair for others)
Löf & Tung 1
Saint Crispin's 1

lartiste

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. I went off the grid for a while, vacation at the summer home. Will not be checking online so much this summer. Promised the wife to wind down a bit.

Thanks for the awesome review! Please share this on Google and Facebook if I may ask that of you. A lot of clients are using those reviews for guidance.

Skoaktiebolaget has never been about a single person or staff member. It’s our core value to provide a very high level of service (and it’s not just words on a paper it’s something I really work towards every day with the team). Of course, when key personal leave it always affect quality short term but we always strive to improve.

I do not have facebook, but I tried for the first time with google. I hope, it will work.

dangerous

Reaction score
@Leaves

Enjoy your holidays and spend your time with your wife and kids (?).

If you will have one day time, can you provide basic statistic of purchases. I would like to know whether you can disclose on anonymous basis nr. of shoes purchased by top 3 (or 10) buyers.

I count my purchases, I am at the moment at 20, including 3 pairs purchased as gifs.

To break the number:

Enzo Bonafé 11 (including 2 pairs for others)
Gaziano & Girling 3 (all GMTO)
Edward Green 2
Carmina 2 (including 1 pair for others)
Löf & Tung 1
Saint Crispin's 1

I'm at:

5 L&T - 1 single mto
6 Enzo Bonafe - 5 single mto
1 Carlos Santos

I got another idea for the next Enzo trunk :)

lartiste

Reaction score
Anything GMTO worthy?

I have many in my old computer, I will try to dig a bit. We can start with Enzo Bonafè Adelaide with peccary facing
Enzo Bonafè Adelaide with peccary facing.jpg

dangerous

Reaction score
Anything GMTO worthy?

I found these through google image search looking for something else, but really, really like them. I would not get the red heel cup though:
ljOYXzj.jpg

Skoaktiebolaget made an MTO ages ago and looked like this in blue:
Enzo-Bonafe-3853-Grey-Calf-and-Scheiffer-Suede-173-last-.jpg

I think the round and wide last really lends itself to a monkey boot. Chain stitch norvegese. Betis Castagna, or maybe some kind of natural CXL/cavallier if Skoaktiebolaget stocks it.

375 or 173 last
Chain norvegese.
Natural colour
Commando sole
black eyelets

My make ups are generally really obnoxious, hehe.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The "Leaderboard" looks like this. For obvious reasons I cannot share any client specific details.

1. Hong Kong gentleman
2. Croatian gentleman
3. Australian gentleman
4. Singaporean gentleman
5. Russian gentleman

To my own surprise, we do not have a US client until 18th place. Which is a bit strange since its a single largest market overall outside of Sweden.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I miss Enzo Bonafe GMTOs from Skoak. I’ve several and would buy more.

It's been tough to even reach 4 these last year or so. It's some kind of mindset change, or I'm getting out priced or something by another retailer. Used to be we had 10-15 people minimum partake in GMTOs but that's more or less gone. Some Asian clients have started going directly to the manufacturers with their GMTOs or started up small local businesses to cut out retailers.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found these through google image search looking for something else, but really, really like them. I would not get the red heel cup though:
ljOYXzj.jpg

Skoaktiebolaget made an MTO ages ago and looked like this in blue:
View attachment 1417285

I think the round and wide last really lends itself to a monkey boot. Chain stitch norvegese. Betis Castagna, or maybe some kind of natural CXL/cavallier if Skoaktiebolaget stocks it.

375 or 173 last
Chain norvegese.
Natural colour
Commando sole
black eyelets

My make ups are generally really obnoxious, hehe.
They are bold, that's for sure!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads