Skinny Guy Trying To Gain Weight With A MTM Suit In The Dock

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by Doctor Who, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Doctor Who

Doctor Who New Member

Hello all.

I'm 22 years old and I have a Chronic health condition that makes gaining and keeping on weight very difficult. I recently began lifting barbell (still at very low weight levels) in order to regain strength and stamina and general wellbeing, and hopefully help me put on some weight. I went from 102 pounds when I started the semester to 108 within a couple weeks, but that was probably also improvement of diet once I moved out of my parents house where I was sometimes exposed to things I'm allergic to. Oh, and I'm 5'8".

I can easily tell that certain muscle groups are more defined already, and I'm worried that if I send in measurements to Indochino for the suit that I've paid for, I'll end up not fitting into it. My best friend is also getting married about a year from now, so I need a suit sometime, not to mention all the uses I already would have for it.

My figure is naturally so slight that I wonder if it will end up mattering even if I do gain more muscle, but I don't know. Thoughts? My chest measurement was around 34" last I checked, but most 34 off the rack suits fit terribly because of vanity sizing.

Thanks!

2. breakaway01

breakaway01 Senior member

sorry to hear about your condition and glad you're starting to put on some weight. I would not have a suit made until you know that your weight/size will be relatively stable for some time. Also consider trying SuitSupply as they have small sizes in their suits and a generous return policy.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016

3. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

Good advice.