1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Skinny Dude with big tummy!

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Kiwi Man, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Mark it 8

Mark it 8 Senior member

If you have stomach fat and you do stomach exercises without burning the fat, your stomach will just get larger and you will look fatter. There is a lot of strength training you can do that exercises your core muscles without necessarily concentrating on those muscles. In any event, situps, etc, to lose belly fat is the wrong approach. You dont get a sixpack by gaining muscle, you get it by losing fat.

2. Kiwi Man

Kiwi Man Senior member

some questions for you,
    how often do you poop?
    what are the foods you eat? and where do they come from?

You might be suffering from food intolerances but I believe you're experiencing hormonal and gastro-intestinal stress meaning you have to balance out your life and do the 'right things'

First of all, you need to sleep earlier (10-6 is optimal as 10-2am = physical repair and 2-6am = neural repair). Believe it or not, this helps to balance out many irregularities in your body.

Second of all, I would suggest to lay off simple sugars (fruit) for a bit and remove processed sugars (table sugar, high fructose corn syrup, and zero calorie sweetners).

third, cut out overly processed oils like vegetable, cottonseed, canola, and replace with pure virgin coconut oil

fourth, cut out overly processed foods like most commercial pre-packaged foods like breads, microwave dinners, pre-packged foods, pancake mixes, and fake drinks (soda, sunny d), etc..etc...

In the end, it is all about balance and eating natural/whole foods.

WoW! Great advise, THANK YOU!

To answer your questions, I poop EVERYDAY. ONCE a day to be more specific. In fact, I NEVER experienced constipation in my entire life. Thanks god for that, I know some people who had it told me that it felt like stuck in hell.

However, I do eat mix of good stuff and bad stuff. It depends mostly what goes on sales when I do grocery shopping. For example, if I see that loaf of bread is on sales, I'd choose to buy 100% whole wheat instead of the regular ones OR if milks is NOT on sales, I'd buy skim milk over vitamin D milk. Well, as I said, I also bad stuff such as frozen food because I don't cook well and the house where I currently stay does not have dishwasher installed so I hate doing a lot of dishes.

I am ALWAYS confused when people say to me that I should sleep at least eight hours. They never said what time to go to sleep specifically so I always to bed around 1.00 AM then get up around 10.00 AM. or earlier. I have not waken up after 10.00 AM for years now for some reasons even when I went to bed after 1.00 AM. It's very strange.

Honestly, I rather gain weight because I look very skinny. It's just my stomach areas that grows bigger out of proportion. If I lose any more weight, I'd look even more limpy. NO GUYS in this world wants to be looked limpy. They would lose all of their self-esteem.

Yes, I do stress out because I'm lonely. I find it very difficult to make friends here in the US so I tend to be a loner most of the time. However, I tried to find something to entertain me such as watching late night comedy shows such as J. Leno, J. Kimmel, D. Letterman, or C. Ferguson shows. I tried to keep in touch with my friends who live far away from me by talking to them on the phone.

However, I do admit that I'm pretty lonely and it gets pretty stressful.

3. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Honestly, I rather gain weight because I look very skinny. It's just my stomach areas that grows bigger out of proportion.

Genetically, you've been dealt a bad card. It's not the worst card in the deck, but it's not a great one, either. You store fat at your belly. Unfortunately, that location is highly visible and associated with health risks. It's hard to diet your way out of skinny fat. Your metabolism will decrease itself to match the diet and you'll lose calorie burning muscle weight along with fat weight.

Lift weights, gain muscle, lose fat.

stronglifts.com

4. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

My body tends toward skinny-fat if left unattended, so I feel your pain. Best thing you can do is get on a decent lifting program. This will add musculature to your arms, back, chest, and shoulders, helping to balance out the proportions of your body. The added muscle will also rev up your metabolism.

Get yourself checked out for testosterone counts, too. Mine checked out normal, but sometimes skinny-fat can be correlated with low t-counts or high estrogen/progesterone counts. Or some other endocrine disorder.

Cortisol plays a role in storing belly fat, but its role has been greatly exagerrated by the media and by companies attempting to peddle pill-based solutions.

Finally, the advice to eat cleanly, drink a lot of water, do some cardio, and get adequate sleep is all great advice. Particularly the sleep advice. I cut down significantly on my belly fat storage when I started getting a decent amount of sleep. It's remarkable how it works.

5. office drone

office drone Senior member