• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

skinheads

albert6

Reaction score
Was born in 1960 so late 60's was only 9/10 but older brothers were proper skinheads, question, sure in them days Doc Martins as they are known as now was called air wear and not doc martins sorry if this is not the right forum to ask this question

Ianiceman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a very long thread entitled 'mod to suedehead' on the Streetwear and denim side which might be of interest to you.

I always remember them as Doc Martens, but they had a heel tag embroidered 'with air-wair bouncing sole'. I'm not sure if 'air wear' / 'air wair' was a Doc Marten trade mark or if they licensed the soles from another manufacturer. I'm pretty sure you could get other brands than Doc Martens with either an air wair sole or something very similar, like Hawkins and Astronauts. I also remember 'Majordomo' soles which were a cheap rip off.

But if you want a proper expert opinion you'll probably find it on that thread. Good luck.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's