• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Skin Care

Adriane

Reaction score
Hi Robert,
Some more tips for you to treat acne.
Do add raw food ,more in your daily meals and add nuts and seeds more in your daily diet. Increase your water intake and limit refined carbohydrates and sugar intake. Manage your stress with regular workout and avoid caffeine and other stimulants.

mark l

Reaction score
Hey im in my 40s and have fought with acne all my life! so i understand . for the last 4 months i have been using this all natural soap i got online . my skin started clearing upfrom day one and i havent had a break out. and it is even healing the scarring on my face.all my friends are now using it aswell i would highly recomend you giving it a try ! its called buzzys essential and i use the miracle bar

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You only need 2 two things:

Cut out dairy

Paula's Choice 2% BHA

Find a facial screen protector if you care.

Last edited:

albertjr

Reaction score
Drinking water is good for health and skin we should drink at least 15 to 20 glasses per day. The water can remove all the dust from your body daily which is very important task for body and also helpful for weight losing.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Drinking water is good for health and skin we should drink at least 15 to 20 glasses per day. The water can remove all the dust from your body daily which is very important task for body and also helpful for weight losing.
...wtf

wizzeak

Reaction score
How are Baxter of Cali products? Gonna try their clay pomade, thinking of picking up the oil free moisturizer as well

malomo

Reaction score

How are Baxter of Cali products? Gonna try their clay pomade, thinking of picking up the oil free moisturizer as well

I have been trying a few of their products lately.
-The shave cream works well even though it does not lather at all.
-The aftershave is good, it has a pleasant scent and dries quickly. This was my favourite.
-The clay pomade is nice. The earthy scent goes away quickly and it dries well.
-The shampoo and conditioner are so-so. The scent is similar to mint toothpaste. I expected more at this price point.
-The face scrub was a sample so I tried it - it smelled marzipan-almondy. Not something I regularly use so I can't compare it to anything.
-The oil free moisturizer is good for just that - oily skin. If you live somewhere cold though, I would go with something that provides better moisture.

So far the only products I would buy again would be the aftershave and the pomade. I would be curious to see how the deodorant and soaps are though. I notice on their website you can order sample and all you have to pay for is postage.

Last edited:

Revend

Reaction score
Skin is so sensitive thing so we should take care of it. For skin care it is good to drink enough water in a day because water keeps skin fresh and healthy. Eat fruits and avoid eating oily food too much. Anyhow all tips are nice that you people shared.
Personal trainer st johns wood

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Baxter stuff suck. Only like their deodorant.

Shaving with a badger brush is so nice. My face feels so happy when prepping.

Kugelblitz22

Reaction score
Go on Amazon and buy 24 or 48 pillow cases. That way you can have a clean pillowcase everynight. You can get them cheap if you buy the B grade. Those are the ones that are sewed a little wrong. That's what the hotels buy.

woodywoodford

Reaction score
Medications - Minocycline (one pill twice daily), Retina-A (topical gel) in the eveving. I've used these for probably 3 years, and they work very, very well. I think I'm going to wean off the minocycline after I shave this beard to see how I respond though (antibiotics=scary)

Morning - Wash my face with a microfiber norwex cloth, then lather up with a clinique men's facewash bar of soap, then rinse, then splash with ice cold water to close up pores. I don't know what makes norwex cloth's special, but they have silver in them or something so they're expensive and make my face feel fantastic after.

Evening - Wash with microfiber again, apply retina

Shaving - Dry shave with an electric. If I want to use a blade (more of an occasion thing) I've got a DE, and always splash my face with ice water after to close those pores. If you use a blade do NOT get a triple or double blade, those just collect dead skin and bacteria between blades and that's half the problem. Single-blade disposables, or a DE with new blade each time (they're cheap). Or just disinfect them each time.

And as has been mentioned... fresh washcloth's, towels, pillowcases, etc., as much as possible. And don't touch your face unless you must.

MsEmma

Reaction score
First of all I want to say that you should avoid to use chemical products. It's can harm your skin. Try to follow natural ways to groom your skin e.g drink plenty of water in a day and use foods. It's really help you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads