• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sizing up the quality of a suit, how to tell canvassed?

jpo

Reaction score
I would like to know how to size up the quality of a suit/jacket while in a store. As I am a bargain hunter and also trying to learn a bit more about suits and jacket construction. I'd like to be able to kick the tires on the quality of a suit in a store.

What steps would you take to do this? The big item, I have no idea how to tell if the jacket is canvassed, or half-canvassed for that matter.

I thought there may be some threads on this topic, but SF search feature could be better and is not locating such threads.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.