• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sizing shoes, what would/do you do?

Mathew J

Reaction score
So I have my left foot at approx 10 1/2 and my right an 11...I went to AE factory in maine a few years back and they said I was either an 10.5 EEE or an 11D, another place said I was a 10.5 W or 11W...I wish I could get one answer...how should shoes fit? should there be movement in the heel? looking at buying another pair but want to make sure I get the right size. Thanks

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mathew J
So I have my left foot at approx 10 1/2 and my right an 11...I went to AE factory in maine a few years back and they said I was either an 10.5 EEE or an 11D, another place said I was a 10.5 W or 11W...I wish I could get one answer...how should shoes fit? should there be movement in the heel? looking at buying another pair but want to make sure I get the right size. Thanks

Shoes have to fit. The left and the right. If you have problem ask a local cobbler and a orthopodist for support.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does it matter that much? My feet measure 8.75 so I wear 9s. Depends if you want one foot crammed or the other with too much room. I don't think shoes or boots should slip in the heel, others disagree.

BTW i'm sure different sized feet is a common problem.

Hany

Reaction score
Monk strap shoes are the key. Tie one tighter than the other. That or bespoke.

Mathew J

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hany
Monk strap shoes are the key. Tie one tighter than the other. That or bespoke.

LOL, never thought of that.

Hany

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mathew J
LOL, never thought of that.
lol me neither but it happened empirically. I always knew my left foot was slightly bigger but I always considered it the "deciding side" (meaning I would buy if the left fits). However when I bought monk straps I realized that by tying the right side one size tighter I had a perfect fit for both feet which is great.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 128 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 234 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 116 15.8%
  • 31 - 40