1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sizing question, please help!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by etown883, Mar 20, 2006.

1. etown883

etown883 Well-Known Member

All, I just purchased a pair of Cole Haan Harrison cap toes, very nice price of $99 for a goodyear welted calf leather shoe. that said, I'm curious about the fit. The toe is on the pointy side, so my largest toe is about an inch from the end. I have a bit of heal slip, but nothing excessive. Will these break in a bit, then fit better? Or should I go with the next half size down. given that they are a bit pointy, i think they may be bordering on clown shoeish, if you know what i mean. Thank for the help! Best regards!

2. rip

rip Active Member

All, I just purchased a pair of Cole Haan Harrison cap toes, very nice price of $99 for a goodyear welted calf leather shoe. that said, I'm curious about the fit. The toe is on the pointy side, so my largest toe is about an inch from the end. I have a bit of heal slip, but nothing excessive. Will these break in a bit, then fit better? Or should I go with the next half size down. given that they are a bit pointy, i think they may be bordering on clown shoeish, if you know what i mean. Thank for the help! Best regards!
    They won't get any smaller; heel slip now will be heel slip later, perhaps even more so. If the rest of the shoe fits well, there are stick-on heel pads that will at least lessen the slippage. The problem with pointy toe shoes is that you really need pointy toes to wear them. If returning the shoes is an option, I would think about getting a shoe with a less pointy toe and a heel that fits. The main thing about heel slippage is that with even moderate walking, blisters are almost a certainty!