1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sizing question on Yoox

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by cheessus, Sep 21, 2008.

1. cheessus

cheessus Distinguished Member

2. Shikar

Shikar Distinguished Member

If you pick any of these item...then click on size you need...it will provide you the info.
    The sizes listed are US...and the corresponding Italian size will pop up when you click on the US size.

Regards.

3. absolut3

absolut3 Well-Known Member

4. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Another question when the dress pant size is listed as a 38 (suit size) what does that actually mean. Like with these for example. http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/JIL+SA...8543_6_5_1A_70

those are size 32, the 40 are a US size 34 and so on.

5. adambparker

adambparker Distinguished Member

Italian trouser sizes correspond to suit sizes. So, e.g. Incotex trousers that are marked 48, correspond to a size 48 suit. That is a US 38 jacket (-10) and, depending on the drop, usually a US 32 trouser. Roughly, drop 16 from the Italian pant size to get US.

It appears YOOX lists the trousers according to US suit sizes, which is a bit of a pain, so just drop 6 from the pant size. 38 = 32, 40 = 34, etc.

Obviously, this won't be exact because of vanity sizing, inexact waist measurements, etc., so YMMV.

6. ijung

ijung Active Member

Bumping this thread to ask another sizing question re Yoox. I purchased a Pal Zileri suit on there just now. The description said "fits large" and suggested that I purchase one size smaller than normal. Is Yoox generally accurate when they suggest this? I did purchase a 36 instead of my normal 38. Really hoping it won't be too small. Much appreciated for your guys input.

7. jdpennypacker

jdpennypacker New Member

I am also wondering about what "fits large" actually means for Pal Zaleri suits on Yoox.

I've bought a Pal Zaleri suit before (in store, not online) and it fit me fine. Is Yoox saying that the Pal Zaleri suits they sell are larger than regular Pal Zaleri suits, or that Pal Zaleri suits generally fit larger than other suits (not in my experience).

How did you go ordering one size lower?