Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sizing on c&j snowdon boot

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jcusey, Feb 28, 2004.

1. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm considering getting Crockett & Jones's Snowdon boot for outdoor, off-road use, based on the fact that it has Veldtshoen construction and that Kai has given it his hearty endorsement. It's apparently on the 228 last, and I can't find any other C&J shoe on that last. My question is this: given that I would wear the boots with heavy socks, would it make sense to go up a half a size, or is the 228 last roomy and oversized like the 325 last?

2. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

I might pop into C&J next week and try them on (presuming they have them in stock). I too could do with some really heavy county boots. I'll let you know.

3. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thanks. I've e-mailed Crockett & Jones about this, and I'll let you know what they say if they respond.

4. Kai

Kai Senior member

My Snowdon boots are size 9 1/2 E English sizing.

In American shoes, I typically wear 10E in Alden, except for their Barry Lasted shoes, where I wear a 9 1/2 E.

The Snowdons fit me with enough room to wear a somewhat thick wool sock. (Smartwool lightweight hikers)