• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sizing for Cole Haan Air Dempsey Loafers

summernsurf

Reaction score
I just bought cole haan air dempsey venetian loafers. I went to the nordstrum's to try on the shoe and found that 8M was the best fit (8E too large so my heel really slipped, 7.5M too small in toes, and they didn't have 7.5E). I ordered the shoe from zappos.com since they were 50% off. I got cole haan for the nike air because I'm in med school and am required to stand a lot in business attire.

They have arrived and they fit perfect when standing, however when I walk my heal slips like 1 in every 5 steps especially my left shoe. I'm afraid of getting blisters. Will they stop slipping with wear? Should I return the shoe and try the 7.5E? In athletic shoes I wear a 8.5 (I'm on the border of D and E)

I have never owned loafers before and wasn't sure about fit.

http://www.zappos.com/cole-haan-air-...an-papaya-calf

thebac

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Shoes don't usually stop slipping with more wear. It's probably going to get worse.

I don't know how other people can help you here--most here wouldn't wear those shoes, and you've actually tried them on in-store before your purchase, and you actually have them now.

You could try the 7.5E, but you know your feet best--would the 7.5M have fit if they had just been a little wider? You could also try an extra insole or wear thicker socks, but I'd return the shoes you have right now. The slipping likely won't get better over time.

Tomboys

Reaction score
Try the 7.5E. And, I agree with thebac; if your heels are slipping now, they probably won't get any better. In fact, I could actually see the problem getting worse as the shoe stretches over time.

For future reference, if you print out the Zappos page that shows the price (50% off), Nordstrom's will probably match it. I've done it several times @ Nordstrom's and each time they matched the price without hesitation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads