• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

sizing eyeglasses - does pupil location matter?

yoyo

Reaction score
Somehow I got the idea that the eye should be in the center of the lens for glasses to look right. (for the optics, if you have strong prescriptions it should be close, but i'm just interesting in the aesthetics here. i just need weak reading glasses).

I picked up some frames, and my eyes aren't in the middle. Is that a problem? The only frames significantly smaller are the kids ones.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yoyo
Somehow I got the idea that the eye should be in the center of the lens for glasses to look right. (for the optics, if you have strong prescriptions it should be close, but i'm just interesting in the aesthetics here. i just need weak reading glasses).

I picked up some frames, and my eyes aren't in the middle. Is that a problem? The only frames significantly smaller are the kids ones.

If your only going to be using them for reading, when your reading then it probably doesn't matter at how they look that much. The middle pic looks strange, the other pair look better then the middle one.

yoyo

Reaction score
I mean, i don't need strong prescriptions. I wear glasses all day at work.

Vaio

Reaction score
I agree with tylerdurden. I don't think that it is necessary for the pupils to be in the middle of the lens for glasses. Especially since yours are only for reading. Perhaps if you can get a slightly smaller pair, those glasses seem to be a bit big for your face. but what do i know, i hardly wear my glasses.

ennui

Reaction score
I think pupil location absolutely matters. When you look at someone with glasses and you think there's just something off about how they look, even though the glasses look great - most often the reason is because the pupils are not in the center of the lenses.

FunLovinStyle

Reaction score
You really want your pupils to be approximately in the middle of the glasses... and the frames shouldn't be ridiculously wider than the width of your face (there's more latitude with sunglasses).

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 85 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 155 31.8%
  • 8”

Votes: 141 28.9%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 57 11.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 25 5.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.3%