1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sizing down with Canali

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by victoremque, Feb 17, 2013.

1. victoremque

victoremque Member

Hi all, allow me to start by saying that I've lurked about on this forum for a good bit of time and found it to be a wealth of knowledge for a relative newbie like me; many thanks for that.

On to my question-- I'll be attending my first black-tie event soon and have been in the market for a tuxedo. A few days ago I managed to find a nice canali (1 button, peak, no vents) online for a very reasonable price. However, when searching I underestimated my chest size and the tuxedo in question is only a 40r (whereas my chest measures roughly 41.5). I understand that Canali tends to cut their garments a bit roomier (especially considering that this one is a "modello 13710") so is it possible that I'd still be able to fit into the jacket? Is it worth pulling the trigger on?

Thanks again.

2. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

Do you know the measurements on the tux?

3. victoremque

victoremque Member

42" from armpit to armpit, 19" from shoulder to shoulder, sleeves are 25.5", jacket is 32.5" long, 38" waist.

4. victoremque

victoremque Member

Edit: Double Post

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  5. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

What is the return policy? If you're only out a few dollars to pay for return shipping, only you can decide what those few dollars mean to you. If you'd rather have the drink when going out, then save the few dollars.

I find Canali to be very roomy in the chest, so you might be fine depending on your build. I can't wear it because of length issues, but whenever I've tried it on, I've moved from a 40 to a 38 without issue. Even in the drop 8 model that I tried on, I still had room in the chest.

6. victoremque

victoremque Member

The seller offers free return shipping within 7 days of receiving the garment.
    --
    That's good to know because I ended up biting the bullet (the auction ended last night); it took damn near forever for a deal like it to surface, and I was ultimately unable to pass it up. My order was just shipped today so I'll update this thread once I actually have it in my hands.

7. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

Sounds like a 42 size which should fit you.

8. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Canali measures differently depending on the drop.

Their 36R drop 6 measures closer to 38R, While their 38R drop 8 fits closer to 36R.