Sizing Advice for Grenson's at Bennies

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Biggs, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

The 10C will be slightly -- slightly less than 1/2 a size -- long, but will also be narrower (the D width is probably pretty close to the Italian Polo D width). So it might work. I'd say the question is whether it'll be too tight. the length will be a bit big, but will still work fine (especially since the Grensons really grab the instep, at least IMO).

So, you be the judge in the 9 1/2 D loafer. I think a 10 loafer would be too big (loafers always run a dab big it seems), so the 9.5 would probably work.

FWIW, I think the laceup is a much nicer shoe.

3. kabert

kabert Senior member

I just received a pair of the Grenson "Gibson" lace-ups from Bennies in size 13D. If anything, they run a little large. I normally wear a 12-1/2 or 13, but I may order a pair in size 12 for comparison. (Take the foregoing w/a grain of salt -- the Gibson is a casual shoe w/Ridgeway sole and a fairly generous last.)

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Johnny, I'm not sure what loafer you're referring to but the 9.5D I had in mind is the black lace-up balmoral with a "different" logo (4th from the left). According to Chris, it's also a Masterpiece albeit made for another company. Anyhow, thanks for the advice folks.