1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sizing Advice for Grenson's at Bennies

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Biggs, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Distinguished Member

The 10C will be slightly -- slightly less than 1/2 a size -- long, but will also be narrower (the D width is probably pretty close to the Italian Polo D width). So it might work. I'd say the question is whether it'll be too tight. the length will be a bit big, but will still work fine (especially since the Grensons really grab the instep, at least IMO).

So, you be the judge in the 9 1/2 D loafer. I think a 10 loafer would be too big (loafers always run a dab big it seems), so the 9.5 would probably work.

FWIW, I think the laceup is a much nicer shoe.

3. kabert

kabert Distinguished Member

I just received a pair of the Grenson "Gibson" lace-ups from Bennies in size 13D. If anything, they run a little large. I normally wear a 12-1/2 or 13, but I may order a pair in size 12 for comparison. (Take the foregoing w/a grain of salt -- the Gibson is a casual shoe w/Ridgeway sole and a fairly generous last.)

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Johnny, I'm not sure what loafer you're referring to but the 9.5D I had in mind is the black lace-up balmoral with a "different" logo (4th from the left). According to Chris, it's also a Masterpiece albeit made for another company. Anyhow, thanks for the advice folks.