1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Size vs. Cost

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by swiego, Dec 17, 2011.

1. bubbleboys

bubbleboys Senior member

Well, that and the fact that women, in general, care more about clothing and are more frequent purchasers of clothing.
    The market value of women's clothing is also higher, in general, leading to higher profit margins.

Men as a whole generally don't care as much about clothing and fashion (the men of SF are not a representative sample for the mass majority of men).
    What some studies have actually found is that a fair percentage of men's clothing is purchased for men, by women.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  2. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

Most lower tier brands that offer tall sizes (Lands' End, LL Bean, Gap, BR) usually charge more for the talls.

3. Samovar McGee

Samovar McGee Senior member

I'm not a tall man, but I am stout. I try to use this to my advantage (read: save money) by buying Big and Tall shorts. They fit me much in the way pants would.

4. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

It would be nice if they did charge more for bigger sizes, because it would cut down on men buying things a size too big for "comfort" or something.

5. bubbleboys

bubbleboys Senior member

While I am a previous offender and have been over the years slimming down my wardrobe, you need to understand not every guy cares about the vagaries of fashion or where the vacillating needle of fashion will point to today.

Hell, I seem to recall zoot suits used to be the prime of fashion yet today's fashion trends would probably consider them nothing short of comical and ill-fitting.

Not to mention, what's wrong with someone buying clothing for comfort?
    You buy clothing to look good in the eyes of today's "fashionistas".
    They buy clothing to be comfortable in their daily lives.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  6. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

Even with fine fabrics that are expensive the costs of making say the XXL would end up being nearly the same amount as the extra profit from the XS. The difference would be trivial