size difference between C and D in shoes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by contactme_11, Aug 1, 2006.

1. contactme_11

contactme_11 Senior member

How much different is a C from a D width in AE shoes? 1/4 inch? 1/2 inch? or something else entirely?

2. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

I think it was 1/3 or 1/4 an inch in girth. AE's old sizing webpage/sheet had this information, the new one below doesn't. It's very slight. I can fit into a C, D, and E, although D is the best.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/webapp/w...Id=40000000001

Someone might still have the old page or url, though.

3. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

It's even less, about 5 mm, (3/16") in circumference. (Circumference being a combination of left to right as well as top to bottom.

Watch out, not every width reduction reduces the width left to right. Two or maybe even three width might be built on the same insole (to save production components), just reducing the height top to bottom. Probably between C and D there is a reduction from left to right, but between D and E there probably is not, the E is just higher.

I would say, AA and A (extra narrow) are on the same insole, as are B and C (narrow), D and E, EE and EEE. But that varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. With each increase in width the total circumference increases.