• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Size 34 █ NWT Corneliani for Polo Ralph Lauren in Brown █ HOLY GRAIL of Grey Wool Whipcord Pants (Ho

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Up for sale is an incredible pair of BRAND-NEW-WITH-TAGS Corneliani for Polo Ralph Lauren pants. Size 34. Incredible grey whipcord fabric.

Corneliani for Polo needs little introduction here. Made in Italy. Very high quality construction and fabrics. These pants rival Incotex in quality, in my opinion.

Bought these on eBay a few months ago. They've all been hanging in my closet unworn and unaltered. Selling these because I have a pair of bespoke pants similar to this coming.

The fabric on these pants is amazing. They are a steep twill whipcord. GREAT TEXTURE. I cannot stress that enough. I would hazard a guess that the fabric came from Holland & Sherry, or perhaps that a mill that H&S sources from as a merchant. The reason I say this is that I have a swatch from the Holland and Sherry Dakota Plains book that has the exact same feel to it and seems to be the same weight. (13 oz). Whipcord is kind of an old school fabric that isn't produced by many mills. See comparison pictures of the cloths below.

Regardless of where it came from, the fabric is extremely high quality, like all the fabrics RL picks for its Corneliani-made Polo line. You will not be disappointed!

After flannel, whipcord is one of those essential wool trouser fabrics for the cooler months. On page 126 of The Suit, SF member Manton singles out whipcord:

... if you have one pair of grey flannels, one pair of brown cavalry twills and one pair of olive corduroys, you will be outfitted for any winter jacket. If you cannot be satisfied with these alone, you could try moleskin (a dense, heavy cotton) or whipcord (a tight woolen twill)
http://www.amazon.com/The-Suit-Machiavellian-Approach-Style/dp/0060891866

Approximate measurements. Reference only

Waist: 34
Rise: 11
Inseam: 39.5 (unfinished and unhemmed)
Leg opening: 8.75​

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I bought the Polo cords for $120. Nothing of comparable quality is currently being offered on the Polo site, making these kind of rare.

$120 shipped CONUS[/SIZE]

As implied with all SF classified listings, sale is final. Sold as is.

Add $15 for shipping to all other countries

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Similar weight Holland and Sherry brown fabric swatch. This one is 13 oz. Very similar weight, if not identical, to the fabric on these grey whipcord pants for sale

Attachments

• whp.jpg
    whp.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bumping. Would buy these if I didn't live in SoCal... Great fabric, Corneliani is always great quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads