• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Size 13US at 15, what should I expect?

MQuinlan

Reaction score
Even though I'm a size 13 shoe at 15 years old (which many people comment on), I haven't had much trouble buying at shoes... thus far.

I'm only 5' 8/9" at the moment, and I'm expecting to be somewhere around 6"+ since I have another few years to grow. Will my days of being able to buy most any shoe be over soon, or should my feet stop growing before a size 14+?

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JtrIL.jpg

eztantz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MQuinlan
Even though I'm a size 13 shoe at 15 years old (which many people comment on), I haven't had much trouble buying at shoes... thus far. I'm only 5' 8/9" at the moment, and I'm expecting to be somewhere around 6"+ since I have another few years to grow. Will my days of being able to buy most any shoe be over soon, or should my feet stop growing before a size 14+?
I wouldn't worry, your feet usually stop growing before the rest of your body matures/grows its fullest. I've been a size 13 shoes since elementary school (I think since 11-12 yrs old actually) although I've grown significantly since then.

MQuinlan

Reaction score
Thanks for the assurance. I was just hoping buying shoes wouldn't become a hassle (especially once I start buying dress shoes and they suddenly become more expensive that running shoes I'm used to). And the comments are more like complements, so it's all good.

eztantz

Reaction score
Thanks for the assurance. I was just hoping buying shoes wouldn't become a hassle (especially once I start buying dress shoes and they suddenly become more expensive that running shoes I'm used to). And the comments are more like complements, so it's all good.

No guarantee though, I can only talk from my own experience and others in my family.

Just curious, have your feet grown in the past few years?

scientific

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eztantz
Size 13US at 15, what should I expect?

a life in the shadows, constantly trying to hide your freakish nature from the cruel society that rejects you.
ffffuuuu.gif

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When I was 12 my shoe size matched my age; I topped out at 14 soon after. Anything worth having will be available in a 14. You should be fine.

Just hope your feet stay proportional. I've resorted to bespoke for getting an AA width.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was size 12 in 8th grade through highschool but when I went to college I grew to a size 13.
facepalm.gif

MQuinlan

Reaction score
Alright, thanks for all the support stories! As it appears, I must not be too abnormal (or else I've gotten used to the constant murmurs and ridicule). And it does seem like my feet have slowed in growth.

I was just looking into buying a pair of Sperry Original Canvas boat shoes, and it was one of the first times buying that there was nothing above a size 13.

epb

Reaction score
Even though I'm a size 13 shoe at 15 years old (which many people comment on), I haven't had much trouble buying at shoes... thus far.

I'm only 5' 8/9" at the moment, and I'm expecting to be somewhere around 6"+ since I have another few years to grow. Will my days of being able to buy most any shoe be over soon, or should my feet stop growing before a size 14+?

I'll be the odd man out in the thread. When I graduated high school, I was 5"8 and wore a size 13; when I finished college, I was 6'1" and wore a 14/15. Size 12 or 13 is pretty much the limit for a lot of manufacturers for anything other than athletic shoes, and after 12 most shoes don't come in half sizes so finding a good fit is a hassle.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I reached size 13 when I reached age 15, and I'm still a 13 54 years later, if that's any reassurance.

In my late 40s, after a lot of hiking and running, my size increased from a C to D width, which actually makes things easier.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i was a 13 in 5th grade at 5ft, still am, but at 6'2, I grew into my dogs

VelvetGreen

Reaction score

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was a size 10 circa junior high, 12 at 16. Currently a 13EE/14.

bullethead

Reaction score
I was a 14 shoe/15 sneaker at age 15. Luckily, I didn't grow any larger.
Your body will probably catch up with your feet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads