1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Six formal shirts - Golden Fleece, Polo, Chipp, Talbott Sizes 15.5 & 16

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by 518aata, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 518aata

518aata Senior member

When I went to my closet to choose a shirt for New Year's Eve, I realized I have quite a few dress shirts that I haven't worn in some time; some for many years. So, here they are. All are in very good condition, but some of the older ones could probably use washing to restore them to a bright white. Price includes shipping via first class mail within the CONUS. PayPal only.

2. Next are three Brooks Brothers classic four-pleat lay-down collar shirts. As you can tell, I love the four-pleat style, which I don't believe they offer any longer. (Don't worry -- I still have another.)
    One is a 32" sleeve; the other two are 33"s. $30 -->$25 --> $22 --> $20 --> $18 each.

2(b)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Robert Talbott bespoke. This shirt has a bib front. The bib is made of a thicker layer of the same fabric used in the remainder of the shirt. Worn once. 16-33.5 $40 -->$35 --> $32 --> $30 --> $28

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. R. & O. Hawick for Chipp. I bought this at least 25 years ago at the late, great Chipp. I haven't worn it in at least ten years, so it could definitely use a good washing with Oxy Clean. Requires a separate collar. 15.5 x 32. Own a piece of history for only $20 --> $18 --> $15 --$13!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. And now for something a bit different -- a Polo linen dress shirt with a wing collar. Worn once, again with a white dinner jacket. I though I looked smashing. You be the judge for $25 ---> $22 --> $20 --> $18 --> $16. 15.5 - 33.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please let me know if you need any additional information. Thank you.

The following items are sold:

1. First, a Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece full-dress shirt. This has never been worn. Comes with a button-on collar and the collar buttons to affix the collar to the shirt. I have another one of these, which is what I wore for NYE. It's an amazing shirt, with all of the proper details, including a loop in the back to hold your tie in place. It's marked a 34" sleeve, but measures between 34 and 35. $75. SOLD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2(a) SOLD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2(c) SOLD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. J. W. Nordstrom. This fabric is off-white. It has a bib front made of a textured material and has only been worn once. (I wore it with a white dinner jacket and it looked great.) 16-33. $30 SOLD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  2. table21

table21 Senior member

I think I would have bought a few of these if your sleeves were longer :(

3. 518aata

518aata Senior member

4/26 -- Price cuts on all remaining shirts.

4. 518aata

518aata Senior member

5/20 -- price cuts on remaining shirts.

5. 518aata

518aata Senior member

6/25 -- more price cuts.

6. 518aata

518aata Senior member

8/8 price cuts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.