• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sitting with your legs crossed

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A night out at a bar a month ago with my work mates got me a comment about crossing my legs too. In what world do we live in when a young woman tells you to not "behave like a gay" just because you cross your legs?

Originally Posted by kookydooky
I hate when people say 'doesnt it hurts your balls' or act as if they have the biggest balls around, I wouldnt be doing it if it hurt my damn balls. Also the ankle on the knee makes my foot go numb within seconds.
+1
Srsly, people are able to ride a bike to work/school but not able to cross their legs? They think we believe the "it weighs 9 pounds"-hint?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hamish5178
Ew, fork stays in left hand.

I always thought of crossing your legs as being a sort of antiquated, gentlemanly thing to do. I never thought of it as gay at all. I think this is a rumor propagated by angry-abercrombie-wearing-closet-homosexuals, who are too fat to cross their legs.

Dude I do all the things I listed. If some marsupial thinks I'm gay he can ************, err wait.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
You can always cross your legs by putting the ankle on your thigh. This is not seen as gay.
SuperStock_1612R-28472.jpg

I usually do this, though technically/historically it's considered rude as you should not show the soles of your shoes. I doubt 99.999% of people would care though...

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dizzhizz
maybe its a cultural thing but back in the states i rarely crossed my legs but i find that koreans do it all the time here!

Yes, and they need us to protect them.

Originally Posted by unjung
I sit at my desk with one leg under my rear sometimes. I know it looks ridiculous in a suit but it's comfortable, and comfort is the greatest luxury, or something like that.

homosayswhat?

It's associated with homosexuals, if that's what you are asking. At least in the Northeast.

The method generally performed by women is considered gay.
z195250028.jpg

this is a "I am ready to take some serious kack" leg crossing.

Originally Posted by sonick
Doesn't it squish your nuts to sit thigh-over-thigh?

My issue is sitting on my nuts when I am at work.

Originally Posted by Fuuma
...Of course I'm also unwashed.

you are a frog, that goes without saying.

Originally Posted by kookydooky
But then again this is coming from a whole bunch of gys who always seem to have to prove they are manly or something

Who started this thread insecure with how others viewed his leg crossing?

Naf Nasitra

Reaction score
See, I wouldn't have a problem being a homosexual. It's just that I am not one. Meanwhile, you are acting very homophobic and not considering the issue at hand reasonably. Just sayin'.

Always nice when the logically-impaired make appeals to reason.

makushin

Reaction score
It's perceived as feminine with the younger crowd. I generally do the ankle on the knee thing, even though I find crossing my legs a more comfortable position. If I'm somewhere where I don't give a ****, or around older people, I cross my legs. I think it has to do with supposedly crushing your massive balls, which is probably only reality for a few dudes.

It's just the way things are... I mean there's nothing wrong with pink, but I aint going to the gym in pink shorts.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makushin
It's perceived as feminine with the younger crowd. I generally do the ankle on the knee thing, even though I find crossing my legs a more comfortable position. If I'm somewhere where I don't give a ****, or around older people, I cross my legs. I think it has to do with supposedly crushing your massive balls, which is probably only reality for a few dudes.

It's just the way things are... I mean there's nothing wrong with pink, but I aint going to the gym in pink shorts.

Even though I don't cross my legs this way, I don't see how it can crush anyone's huge nuts. The bigger your nuts are, the lower they hang, and they should be hanging below your crossing leg in the first place. Just sayin', physiologically.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads