1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sites with lots of tuxedo pics

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bigbadbuff, May 29, 2005.

1. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

Can anyone help? I am looking for sites that have lots of pics of guys in tuxes, trying to get ideas for my own. I thought movie/event premiere sites would be the best bet to have lots of pics but I'm having a hard time finding those sites [​IMG]

2. DandySF

DandySF Senior member

This site will show you real people at black tie events. Â Scroll through and you're bound to find dozens of men in dinner jackets. Â NY Social Diary

3. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Some of those dinner jackets are rather lamentable actually. Lots of pre-tied bow ties.

4. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

That was helpful indeed, thanks.

What astounds me is that even at the top of the NY social scene (which I would consider some of these events to be), 95% of the men look completely abysmal.

5. DandySF

DandySF Senior member

Not at all surprising that some of these social mandarins are inattentive to the finer details of dress. In the top echelons of north eastern society it's considered a bit nouveau to pay too much attention to one's dress. Being well dressed and being a socialite are quite different things. I imagine the same would hold true for the aristocracy of Great Britain--they'd probably be appropriately dressed but not to the point that it smacks of fastidiousness or over-involvement.

6. justbrowsing

justbrowsing Active Member

[​IMG] A pleather tux.?

7. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

It's all the fault of the so called casual "progress."

Casual clothing has permeated every element save for a few instances.

Although in a general sense it depends on personal taste.

8. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

(bigbadbuff @ May 29 2005,14:05) What astounds me is that even at the top of the NY social scene (which I would consider some of these events to be), 95% of the men look completely abysmal.
    [​IMG] A pleather tux.?
    It's like a high-school prom.