• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sites for Inspiration?

learner

Reaction score
Hey, wondering if there are any sites online (WAYWT style) to browse through for ideas?

TIA

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
blogs:
sartorialist
facehunter
millions of other street blogs

forums:
style forum
superfuture
style zeitgeist

Also, mens style website has a good database of runway shows. View some good designers that you like for inspiration as well.

Magazines have photo shoots. Some people use mood boards for clothing inspiration. Get inspired by specific people, movies, songs. Good luck

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on the Sartorialist. There's also the Fashionist. He is a member here.

learner

Reaction score
The Sartolialist? Really? It's not the kind of stuff folk on S & D wear is it?

learner

Reaction score
Most of the time, the kind of stuff he snaps isn't what I would wear. But when he does post something I like it's usually amazing.

Checked out Facehunter there, just a quick look through the first page, seems like alot of unwearale stuff!

bob

Reaction score
What happened to style zeitgeist anyway? Haven't been able to get on for ages.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Borders and Barnes and noble are chock full.

I really like to wander around down-town too.

DIY books from the 50's and 60's have a lot of Bobo approved fits.

Rock-docs- Woodstock,The Last Waltz, a lot of the documentaries shot in the late 60's and early 70s

I guess it just depends on what you are into.

LIFE magazine is a great source of inspiration, really any of the photo-journalism centered magazines.

English Magazines tend to impress me more with their coverage of Mens Fashion.

It seems like Television is the worst place to look. Any time I've been inspired by something on TV, I look back and regret it. The only time I haven't is with regards to Mad Men, but I haven't really started down the suit + wingtips road as much as I'd liek to.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just flicked through Outside´s GQ (I think thats was the name, Kevin Costener on the cover).. .talk about bobo approved fits! Woolrich woolen mills styled with carhartt.. verynice.

Diem

Reaction score
Don't forget 10 Men, awsome magazine (so gay tho).

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sites:

acontinuoslean
selectism
sartorialist
GQ

Mags:

monocle
He
I-D
WAD

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads