• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This **** showed up after closing an SF tab:
Screenshot_20171207-074517.png

I don't know exactly what made it show up (have they learned to do popunder ads on Android now?), And it may not have actually come from SF, but I know you guys use viglink.

I would prefer not to see pages like this.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Since homophobic terms like “***” and “fairy” are apparently not considered inappropriate slurs by the SF mods, please don’t take it personally if I direct these or other non-slurs at you in posts here as I embrace the forum ethos. It’s all in good fun and part of being an idiosyncratic “character”.

emptym

Reaction score
^I gave Medwed a 2 week TO after your (and others) reporting his posts. That's the most the current software allows me to give a longtime member. Fok's recently returned from a couple weeks out of the country, and he'd need to make the final call re. banning. He'll also make the final call re. the many posts by idfnl that have been reported.

What we really need is a CE mod. We had a couple, but I don't think they're active much anymore.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^I gave Medwed a 2 week TO after your (and others) reporting his posts. That's the most the current software allows me to give a longtime member. Fok's recently returned from a couple weeks out of the country, and he'd need to make the final call re. banning. He'll also make the final call re. the many posts by idfnl that have been reported.

A certain vocal group with certain political leanings should be evaluated. Peruse the thread tags in many CE threads and see abusive statements about me and others, for example:

Capture54.PNG

I can take the abuse, and would not otherwise have come here to whinge about it, but ^ should provide clarity on the type of activity other members are engaging in. If you see who created those tags, I'd be surprised if it was not the post reporters.

Several of us are regularly the targets of verbal abuse. Shtick, running jokes (my avatar) and banter, which I regularly engage in, are one thing, but this goes beyond those boundaries. Since some are intent on playing this game of reporting my posts, then I'd like to request a wider evaluation.

emptym

Reaction score
A certain vocal group with certain political leanings should be evaluated. Peruse the thread tags in many CE threads and see abusive statements about me and others, for example:

View attachment 888526

I can take the abuse, and would not otherwise have come here to whinge about it, but ^ should provide clarity on the type of activity other members are engaging in. If you see who created those tags, I'd be surprised if it was not the post reporters.

Several of us are regularly the targets of verbal abuse. Shtick, running jokes (my avatar) and banter, which I regularly engage in, are one thing, but this goes beyond those boundaries. Since some are intent on playing this game of reporting my posts, then I'd like to request a wider evaluation.
Thanks for pointing out those tags. I've read a good portion of the threads, but I don't read tags and hadn't see those. Otoh, I wouldn't complain about others reporting your posts. Iirc, you've reported your share of posts in the past. And, you've dished out your fair share of insults, for example:
Like a well oiled army of low IQ, here come the rest of the TUMs.
Imo, the wisest post about the whole situation was this:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing out those tags. I've read a good portion of the threads, but I don't read tags and hadn't see those. Otoh, I wouldn't complain about others reporting your posts. Iirc, you've reported your share of posts in the past. And, you've dished out your fair share of insults, for example:

Imo, the wisest post about the whole situation was this:

In CE, we're all running into assholes all day so that means we're all acting like assholes? If this was the meaning of your wisest post, then I concur.

I've flagged about 3 posts in a year, so if that equates to a share, so be it. You chose to call me out by name, which is the only reason I said anything to begin with. I didn't come here and initiate a complaint.

I've dished out my fair share of insults, so singling me out in your comment earlier didn't make sense because the behavior is pervasive, though I don't call people a "dumb ass dumb ******* motherfucker" like some do.

If I don't fit in, ban me. I'll be fine.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In CE, we're all running into assholes all day so that means we're all acting like assholes? If this was the meaning of your wisest post, then I concur.

I've flagged about 3 posts in a year, so if that equates to a share, so be it. You chose to call me out by name, which is the only reason I said anything to begin with. I didn't come here and initiate a complaint.

I've dished out my fair share of insults, so singling me out in your comment earlier didn't make sense because the behavior is pervasive, though I don't call people a "dumb ass dumb ******* motherfucker" like some do.

If I don't fit in, ban me. I'll be fine.
As you know I'm not a fan of you and all I can say is I get that you're trying to engage in "banter".

However, your style is unceasingly belligerent that it's hard to see the humor or engage with you. Just look at how often your resort to "concede the point" or "virtue signaling" or simply dismissing anything people have to say that conflicts with your opinion.

The problem isn't really what you say (although that often crosses a line for whatever decency standards might exist at SF) it's how you say it.

SF is supposed to be a bar. You're the loudmouth who wanders from the bar to the pool table to the table with the girls and is always way too drunk and no one wants to talk to yet you always yell out stupid stuff making it less fun for everyone around you.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just in case the mods missed it:

I care a lot, I was just banned for two weeks by "emptym" and the note I got said I was banned for "being a huge dick"

which is funny but it is also really ****** moderation. Here is the note I got:

Lionel Hutz,

Your actions in this message (Lionel Hutz) are not appropriate:
Lionel Hutz
We cannot allow users to be huge dicks. This does not follow our rules. Your message may have been removed or altered.

Your account has been banned for two weeks based on these actions. Please keep this in mind when posting or using our site.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads