Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. onix

onix Senior member

^^ Now I can't get the picture of Forrest Gump running in shorts and UGG boots out of my head [​IMG] .

2. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Hmmm...take out the brand-name reference, and this may be sig-worthy.

3. MrG

MrG Senior member

^^ Now I can't get the picture of Forrest Gump running in shorts and UGG boots out of my head [​IMG] .

[​IMG]

I'm not a smart man, StyleForum, but I do know what spam is.

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Hmmm...take out the brand-name reference, and this may be sig-worthy.

Actually, I think the brand name is essential to convey that an elegant life requires Uggs.

5. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Actually, I think the brand name is essential to convey that an elegant life requires Uggs.

You know, you're probably right.

6. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

7. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    iknow you guys catcha lot of crap. but i was talking to a friend the other day about online communities and how to develop them. I've been involved in them since the late 80s (actually edited for Prodigy back in dial-up), and I've got to say that this is probably the best-run forum i've seen. it's a really tricky balancing act allowing freedom but limiting stupidity and you guys do a great job. Though I sometimes see things that make me shake my head, i'm also afraid that repressing that would result in a much duller forum. there is something about the internet that does encourage the worst behavior ... even in the mystery reading one I was a member of, you'd get those old ladies who loved cat mysteries and they could be absolutely vicious. Picture Conne post-menopause.

8. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

iknow you guys catcha lot of crap. but i was talking to a friend the other day about online communities and how to develop them. I've been involved in them since the late 80s (actually edited for Prodigy back in dial-up), and I've got to say that this is probably the best-run forum i've seen. it's a really tricky balancing act allowing freedom but limiting stupidity and you guys do a great job. Though I sometimes see things that make me shake my head, i'm also afraid that repressing that would result in a much duller forum. there is something about the internet that does encourage the worst behavior ... even in the mystery reading one I was a member of, you'd get those old ladies who loved cat mysteries and they could be absolutely vicious. Picture Conne post-menopause.

These sentiments are signs of an impending nervous breakdown, or a very significant bowel movement.

Be prepared for either. If both, well, sayonara.

- B

9. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    These sentiments are signs of an impending nervous breakdown, or a very significant bowel movement.

Be prepared for either. If both, well, sayonara.

- B

i am the foodguy, so take a guess.
    bring back mr. sam.

10. Tench

Tench Member

What translator do you use?

11. Matt

Matt [email protected]

Profanity in title. Please give the appropriate punishment.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=3372828

thread closed. some hole time coming for fran. I'm amazed ppl still test us on this.

12. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

So if a hypothetical forum member was to celebrate Independence Day by creating a hypothetical thread entitled "America, Fuck Yeah", would a hypothetical moderator be so anti-American as to lock said thread?

[​IMG]

13. onix

onix Senior member

So if a hypothetical forum member was to celebrate Independence Day by creating a hypothetical thread entitled "America, Fuck Yeah", would a hypothetical moderator be so anti-American as to lock said thread?

[​IMG]

Very likely but due to profanity in the title, not because of anti-Americanism (or at least that how that particular mod will claim).

14. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Very likely but due to profanity in the title, not because of anti-Americanism (or at least that how that particular mod will claim).

You know who else would say that? The terrorists.

15. Matt

Matt [email protected]

I'm not American. Neither is Fok. Passing out punitive measures wouldn't bother us in the slightest.