1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    b1os likes this.
  2. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

I randomly found it when I lost all my threads I posted. He's still working hard at trying to perfect everything (it sounds like it might be a few weeks still) but he is definitely working on things. Sounds like somethings (like broken images) are the fault of the old forum platform owners. It also sounds like they never had any of these problems in all of their testing.

3. b1os

b1os Senior member

Understandable. Like I said, a single post would've been nice. But he/they prolly just overlooked this thread. A pinned thread might've solved it. ;)

Has there been any news regarding the slowness of the forum? Took me 40 seconds to edit this post.

4. Jazzmenco

Jazzmenco Senior member

This is a great inspiration to spend less time on the computer!

5. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

6. otc

otc Senior member

The target anchors for "first unread post" seem to be set a little too low--they zoom the browser right to the top of the first line of text and go so far as to cut off the top of the poster's avatar.

Ebichuman likes this.
  7. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Looks like the emoticons are back! :slayer::nest::stirpot::spam::wink::marchal::inlove::foo:

All is well.

admin likes this.
  8. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member Admin

Still some work to be done! Sorry we've missed posting in this thread. The stickied posts in CM and SWD, along with the notices at the top of the forum are where we've been sharing what's going on. I'm watching this thread from now on, so feel free to post issues here as well. Thanks for your patience.

-Nathan

9. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

Hi Nathan. when i am searching for a thread i want to post in. and click "watched Threads", it only shows threads with new posts. then i have to search for the thread. is there a way to make the "watched threads" page function like the old "Subscriptions" page? where we can see all our regular posting threads?
    with new ones in bold at the top?

10. admin

You don't actually have to search for a thread. If you look under the last thread, there's a link that says "All watched threads" that will take you to everything. I'll see if we can make that the default.

Thrift Vader likes this.
  11. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

That would make a lot of people happy. including me.

thanks. and props for helpng work out the bugs live.

12. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

Thank you. I was just about to ask the same thing. The other thing I noticed immediately is that @otc is right. The unread post anchor is off, so not only does it cut off part of the avatar, I've noticed one to two line posts being completely cut off so to speak.

13. admin

Can you share a screenshot that shows what you're seeing?