1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

Oops, just saw this. We gave him a month off a couple days ago, and he'll only be allowed back on a short leash.

2 people like this.
  2. otc

otc Senior member

but will that ping him or just link to his profile?

3. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

Yes, I could easily write the html. That isn't the point. I guess, what I'm asking is, isn't the default reply box rich text? Why does it work for some people and not others?

4. b1os

b1os Senior member

It's probably L'Inc's fault.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    2 people like this.
  5. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

I just got a new I phone 6s it loads my keychain id and password but tells me they don't match. All my other apps and sites work and all my other devices work. Just style forum and just on my new phone ????
    edit; I've changed the password a couple of times problem still exists

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  6. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

1 person likes this.
  7. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Sock check on moltoelegante?

1 person likes this.
  8. tropics

tropics Senior member

did styleforum share email addresses with "huckberry"? i have no idea who they are, but i started getting emails a few weeks ago. a google search led me back here.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  9. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

3 people like this.
  10. Lighthouse

Lighthouse Senior member

[Moderator Privilege, Power Dynamic and Control, Scolding, Microaggressive Reminders of Purpose of Thread]

I'm calling out the mods for not taking HarFo's concern seriously. We don't feel like our voices are being heard. Check your mod privileges.

1 person likes this.
  11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

We don't share email addresses with any of our advertisers, of which Huckberry is one. That would not only be unethical, but it would be a super dumb move, if you just stop and think about the implications for a moment. If you like outdoor gear and odd things (like a dinosaur bone, which my kids got me for Fathers' Day), it's pretty cool site, though.

12. tropics

tropics Senior member

makes sense alright, thanks for the clarification. google to here was the only link i found, but i guess i signed up somewhere without noticing.

13. MrGimpy

MrGimpy Senior member

Could I please ask for some guidance on buying and selling rules?

Some of us would like to use the Toronto thread to flag items being sold locally. Especially in the winter, rather than trekking to the Hudson's Bay outpost for the semi-monthly freight pickup it's easier to just sell the toque to Doug two streets over.

As long as the original sales posting goes in B&S, is there any restriction on dropping a post in the Toronto thread (outside of B&S) with the sole purpose of linking your own sales posting? Or to creating a new thread outside of B&S that links to all local B&S postings?

Nobody wants to be offside of SF policy and potentially incur the $1-trillion fine. (That's basically our GDP and our new Prime Minister would be pissed, but he'd probably have to pay it.)

14. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I saw we started a new thread there but honestly, just like in the Australia members thread, would be a lot easier if we can informally drop in some items for sale amongst the discussion. I have plenty of stuff I don't feel like taking professional photos of and would rather just post internally to see if there's someone interested and then PM more details and pics if necessary.

15. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

I think its okay to say "hey, selling XXX, check out my signature for more information"

(but don't spam it)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  16. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

^It's generally not OK to make such FS posts. We don't go searching for them, but if they're reported we delete them.

That said, there are some threads where we make exceptions but only w/in boundaries. For example in the CM Cloth Thread, we allow people to mention cloth for sale as long as they post a picture and don't mention prices or post a link. I think if people generally don't mind such posts in the Toronto or Australian threads, I'm OK with it. But Fok would have the final say.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  17. Lighthouse

Lighthouse Senior member

CE is vibrant and colorful again. We have some good recent additions. CE is cool again.

That is all.

1 person likes this.
  18. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

There is a Shockwave plug in that chews up memory lately. I use Chrome and this happens across multiple computers. Just FYI.

1 person likes this.
  19. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    So I don't know if it's a glitch or not, but it appears thumb comments are back?

2 people like this.
  20. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

why were thumb comments taken off?