1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

2. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

He got banned as well right? I remember that dude… had that Transformer thing avatar.

3. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I remember that there was someone who had very sloping shoulders and who used to take pictures of himself in a house/apartment that was very barely furnished with unpainted skirting boards and cornices, who e-stalked Manton obsessively and who couldn't stop harassing him.

He was banned from SF and then showed up on the Film Noir Buff forum until they eventually banned him, too.

4. Kid Nickels

Why does it happen that I can't view who gave me thumbs? Says I have insufficient permission. Super annoying.

5. gdl203

You're clicking before the page and all scripts are fully loaded if you get that message. Try reloading the page and this time, wait. When the multi-quote buttons appear, it means that all scripts are loaded and you should be able to see thumbs

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    2 people like this.
  6. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Cayman, or something?

7. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

The guy I'm talking about was living in a small flat full of bespoke suits and shoes.

He has a fantastic wardrobe as he was spending all his money on clothes.

He was borderline criminally insane.

8. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

9. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Yes, that's it!

10. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Manton said to Metro that he would be ashamed to have his daughter date Metro, and Metro said that he would treat his daughter real well. That sent Manton off. :happy:

11. gdl203

I believe there was a bit more to it than that...

2 people like this.
  12. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

^Yep. I met Metro at CEGO once. Seemed like a nice guy, but even he'd admit he was young and stupid, or immature.

13. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

There was more to it than that and it was on more than one occasion. I have no animus with MS, often found him amusing, but I will admit I'm one of the ones that always made a fuss when family was drawn in to the typical SF tussles. We are all fair game to posters but our families are not. I'm sure if I met MS IRL he would probably not be that bad of a guy but he did cross a certain line more than once.

14. Kid Nickels

Hey did you guys tinker with the menu/toolbar thing at the top? The other day I noticed "styleforum" to the left of the word "forums" drop down menu, and now it's gone. No big deal, just wondered what was going on. For the record I like it the way it is (w/o the "StyFo").

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  15. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Sorry, guys, I didn't mean to imply that this incident was the only thing that got him banned. From my recollection, it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

16. MrG

MrG Senior member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    My favorite part of the whole thing was when Manton told Metro he was going to be in NYC and challenged him to a fistfight.

5 people like this.
  17. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Manton can throw down. He does some MMA Im pretty sure.

18. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

All my cash is on Manton.

1 person likes this.
  19. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Definite reach advantage.

2 people like this.
  20. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

That was a mistake on our part - we will be introducing some new (welcome to 2015) features soon, and the nav bar will be sticky, so that you don't have to scroooooollll all the way to the top to navigate around. And we'll change "marketplace" to the more intuitive "buy and sell" and just generally clean that up. However, since sticky nav is still in the sandbox stage, I asked that the nav have "marketplace" changed to "buy and sell". Unfortunately, someone in tech got a few wires crossed. We have revereted to the original nav bar while that gets fixed.

Yes, I do read this thread, btw. Not every day, but I monitor it.

And yes, Manton would probably kick Metro's ass, unless Metro is giant. Manton used to be tall, but now he is also yoked. Not much fight training. but size, strength, and pent up aggression often go a long way. Of course, some dudes have serious issues being violent, and unless you've been in a real fight, you never really know how you'd be, but that wildcard aside, I'd probably bet on Manton.

1 person likes this.