• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He was TO'd for a week for posting a link to one of his FS threads, for the fifth time.

Just to clarify the rules for my own sake - are we not allowed to post FS links under any circumstances? I've only ever done it in one of the trading threads so as not to have to post all the information and pictures all over again.

emptym

Reaction score

Thanks for the info.

No prob. Pls. tell him I'm sorry for not pm'ing him beforehand to let him know. Usually I do, but tbh I was irritated since it was his fifth time, and, as a longtime member, he should know better. To be precise, it was the fifth time it was reported by others, sent to the mod queue, and deleted.
Just to clarify the rules for my own sake - are we not allowed to post FS links under any circumstances? I've only ever done it in one of the trading threads so as not to have to post all the information and pictures all over again.

I'd say almost all circumstances. The two exceptions I can think of are posting low-priced thrifted stuff in the "(Un)Offiicial Buy/Sell/Trade/Want" thread and posting eBay stuff in the "What I'm selling on eBAy" thread. Those are fine. The most common thing people do (mostly noobs), is post "I'm selling X" in the X appreciation thread, for example, "I'm selling RRL jeans, click here" or "take a look at my sig" in the RRL thread. That's not allowed.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No matches. And I read a few pages of his posts. Looks like he may have been a previous member or a long-time lurker. But the only time I saw him get out of line was in retaliation to a rude post you made.

:laugh:

indeed. i did poke him, only because i thought he was about to ruin a good thread in the first reply. anyhow, unbel cleaned it all up. he just seemed to me to have a lot more fora knowledge than a guy who just joined, so i was curious. thanks for checking. your explanation sounds about right to me.

:)

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I block a member, I know that it will hide all his posts from my view. Will it also prevent said person from sending me PMs?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

If I block a member, I know that it will hide all his posts from my view. Will it also prevent said person from sending me PMs?

why can't I be allowed to solicit sex from you?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sent.

Someone quote plz.

Also, goodbye again.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^

i think so. almost sure of it.

Last edited:

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
it is, but it can't be as agonizing as how much work it must be to be sam spade.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

it is, but it can't be as agonizing as how much work it must be to be sam spade.

I don't know about that. Back when I had a sock, the worst part was coming up with funny ****. Given that we're talking about a CE sock - the funny **** pretty well writes itself.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Now will somebody please answer my damn question!

Yes -- their messages will bounce back to them, but in a roundabout way. They'll appear under the 'Sent' category, but as a conversation between 'X and X', rather than 'X and Biggskip'.

But they'll only see this if they check their sent messages. Most likely, they'll think you've received their messages and are ignoring them.

*Found this out after I tried to buy all of gettoasty's shoes. Apparently, he didn't like my friendly Happy Holidays from Seth Cohen Non-Denominational Message of Fashion and Love :embar: toasty, I'm soooooooorrryyyyyy!!!!!!

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a hint for all. When you get a message from me, or j, that you have been banned, with cause, from, say, B&S, pending payment of a fine, and you don't like it, don't try to go to the other admin. That will just get us angry. And "I didn't mean any harm" is not a valid excuse. There is a warning, in bold in the B&S section, to read and abide by all the rules, or get dinged with an automatic $500 fine. The fact that you are a powerseller actually makes us less sympathetic. You make a good amount of money off a free platform, and all we ask is that you follow some very clearly stated, reasonable rules, like "Don't delete information from your posts."

Cheers,

Fok.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new picture pop-up with galleries, comments, etc... is that only for the WAYWT-type threads ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 90 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads