1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

inb4bhowieweinerforumcomment

2. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I've always thought of him as the Italian version of mcarthur rather than spamming. But then I've got viewing of signature turned off, nephew.

1 person likes this.
  3. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

For some reason, I've always assumed it was unintentional. As in, he wasn't doing that solely for the purpose of getting his website link all over the place. I mean, everyone already knows who he is, right? Rather, due to his limited English, perhaps it's his way of trying to get more involved with the community? He seems like a swell guy deserving the benefit of the doubt.

I brought this up a few weeks back, and the consensus response was "ignore him." Which sucks because I really enjoy looking at the stuff he posts in his AV thread, as well as his fits in WAYWRN.

4. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yeah, I think he means well, he's just an eccentric guy it seems. Doesn't make it any less annoying though.

1 person likes this.
  5. patrickBOOTH

Has the powers above given any thought to expanding Style Forum to womenswear as well? Surely there probably aren't as many women getting couture dresses made, but at least some purse forum like areas. A crossover WAYWRN would be fun, especially with the challenges. I think it would be fun to get some crossover and more activity in general chat this way as well. Who knows, might lead to some very expensive romances?

The only downside I see to this potentially is heavier moderation in general chat which is, for lack of a better term, "masculine".

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Well it would allow me to display my more feminine side (floral halter dresses and opera gloves), and I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to be honest with the world, finally. Who's with me?!

4 people like this.
  7. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm with your feminine side! Every. Inch. Of the way.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  8. patrickBOOTH

I hate those stupid flats with the celtic knot on the toe.

Pretty much if women came here in about 6 months they would all just being wearing men's suits for us to jerk off too pretty much.

I'm serious though.

9. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

This would be a disaster.

We all know what happens when you throw some wimminz into an internet forum full of horndogs.

:shudders:

Then again, everyone on SF is a closeted homosensualist, so maybe it could work.

10. patrickBOOTH

Well, we are all people who exist in a society, I doubt many of us are opting from prison. I don't see why it can't work.

11. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

you don't consider a bedroom in mom's basement a prison of some sort?

12. patrickBOOTH

Depends on your mother. I, fortunately escaped mine.

13. patrickBOOTH

Fit pics from prison would be awesome though.

14. MrG

MrG Senior member

:eek:

Now, Piob, with the relative success you've achieved IRL, there's no reason to believe you can't one day also reach the dizzying heights of internet forum moderatordom.

I didn't realize anyone hated Latvians that much, but I guess bigotry knows no bounds.

Seriously, though, yes I could see such posts if they existed, but they don't. The ability to view the mod side of his hall monitor powers is the reason I was so insistent that the notion he was somehow whitewashing his posts is absurd. Anything he "deletes" as a hall monitor simply goes into the queue just like any other reported post. It's hidden from other posters until a mod makes a call on it, but it's subject to moderation and not truly deleted until a mod makes that call.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that the posts he allegedly deleted were made before I was "promoted," and I didn't have any interest in going back to check what happened, so it's theoretically possible that he flagged posts that a mod ultimately decided were worthy of deletion. However, Stitch cannot, as a hall monitor, permanently delete posts.

2 people like this.
  15. in stitches

For the sake of the record, there were no such deleted posts. It was a fun joke that harvey came up with, but it was not based on anything real. Sorry to disappoint.

3 people like this.
  16. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I know some things are beyond me due to my lowly station at birth and biological determinism.

You just keep pitching that story. Some people might even believe it.

2 people like this.
  17. in stitches

18. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

At least take this as a lesson not to make racist posts and delete them in the future, even if you didn't do it in the past. (Unless you are going to make racist posts about the Dutchs that might be okay.)

4 people like this.
  19. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

This is correct.

20. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

^Other than a few DP's, I've never deleted an IS post.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014