1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Don't worry, your brave and iconoclastic flouting of standard capitalization separates you from the rest.

7 people like this.
  2. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

What happened to the Hall of Fame thread in DT?

:puzzled:

3. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

I'm driving behind a gas delivery truck. I think I'm getting high.

1 person likes this.
  4. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

Are edinatlanta and StephenHero the same person?

Also, I've never experienced these popup ads, with either desktop or mobile. So I assume ABP makes them a non-issue.

Finally, Please enable variable size pic posting in the mobile interface. Thanks.

5. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Why do you ask? Looking to double the number of posts you fap to?

2 people like this.
  6. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

7. Naive Jr.

Naive Jr. Senior member

"Sometimes you get what you ask for. Sometimes." - fok.

"I am going to change the name of this thread to reflect its new reality....suggestions?" - Reconvalescing LA Guy

For consideration of our esteemed LA Guy[​IMG] and influential personalities striving for justice and order on this virtual dimension of the Universe
    a new appropriate and most adequate name for this thread which should serve as a magical shield for its dignity I suggest:

[​IMG]Supreme Court for Troubleshooting[​IMG]

PS: If it is indeed now [​IMG] New Moon, then a good time for Baptism?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  8. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

I dunno. I've always found this thread to be one of the things that gives the site its unique character. Not sure what % of people are coming in mobile now, but seems like overkill to address this one issue.

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

We are not going to take away the thread, but since it has deviated from its original purpose we are going to change the name in order to not give people the wrong idea.

2 people like this.
  10. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

how about, ITT: Banned posters, TO's, and the reasons behind it all.

1 person likes this.
  11. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

12. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

Oh I don't know if I can get behind that. The decline of CE seems to be no different than the rest of the non - fashion section of SF. That is, disinterest and lack of posting by a lot of members who were worth a damn.

I see a lot of good people still on here, but that critical mass of posters willing to put time into posting with a degree of thought and sincerity is long gone. What we have left is a self - referential corps of 25 of so folks who are probably friends on social media outside of this website.

At that point the activity of the regulars on SF itself becomes kind of redundant.

But the point is that rather than any kind of lunatic opinion on CE, this site's decline probably owes more to the influx of new b - type threads in fashion. The sheer influx of new posters at some point polarized posters between the newbs and die hards... newbs didn't often venture into the lifestle/CE threads, the die hards stayed in touch via channels outside of the SF website, and that left a lot of people getting sick of the same of shit in Places like CE.

At least that's my perception.

Is the general perception even that the non men's - style sections of the forum have been in decline? They definitely seem less dynamic to me, an occasional poster, but this isn't anything i can back up with data.

1 person likes this.
  13. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Piob and I keep CE going, we are the best posters on this site I don't know where the hate comes from.

2 people like this.
  14. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Don't follow this thread closely enough to know what's being talked about, but saw you mention you just had serious surgery. Hope you're OK, Fok, and recovering quickly. I imagine it's not fun.

4 people like this.
  15. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

^ you're not the only one.

16. Naive Jr.

Naive Jr. Senior member

Assuming the surgeon accomplished his goal, then the problem is recuperation. Since the physical body belongs to Nature, it is advisable to avoid those forces and activities which do not help the physical body recover. Unfortunately, sitting in front of an electronic device amidst electrosmog and various other pollution and poisons is contraproductive. Obviously, the best food is the opposite of junk, and without a better diat, the body will not be supported. High tech provides diagnostic sophistication, but if the patient doesn't have conditions to recover, he won't.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  17. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

1 person likes this.
  18. j

j Senior member Admin

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    2 people like this.
  19. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Pretty sure I was in a sub forum and I clicked the upper left masthead to get back to the front page when it popped up. Pretty sure that's been the case each time.

20. j

j Senior member Admin