1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

The inability to upload pics appears to only affect the mobile site.

2. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Certainly these comments are reasonable and do not negatively impact the community in any way.

1 person likes this.
  3. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Has anyone checked to see if Chenko and Size 38r are the same person?

1 person likes this.
  4. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

safari has been crashing when i type on SF. others have noticed too on the pissed off thread. after crashing though the typed stuff is still there when you re-open the windows so not a total loss.

1 person likes this.
  5. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I know he's been a valuable contributor to the thrifting thread, and also very generous, hooking many people up with baller menswear, sometimes at his own expense. I don't know what you're referring to, but he's not a troll.

.​

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. The Thin Man

The Thin Man Senior member

There is something wrong with my subscriptions. Instead of showing the most recent posts, I can only see the threads. There is no option to see the posts. In addition, the search function has not worked for me for a month.

7. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

this picture's called "West's mom"

7 people like this.
  8. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

You gotta link to this, man. Cruel to just throw it out there and then not let us find it.

Also I was on my phone and the sequence of posts was all off (no screenshot, sorry). My latest post was in the middle below the oldest posts of the page which were below the ones made just before mine, then some repeated underneath mine...

That said, @LA Guy and @emptym, how much time would you spend at a bar where this was the topic of conversation:

9. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yeah, it seems to happen most often when typing very fast for some reason, could be in my head.

10. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

He has been trolling the CM WAYWT.

1 person likes this.
  11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

There is an issue with Safari and the new "Save Drafts" feature. For one thing, it saves every 3 seconds. Which... is a lot, and Safari doesn't seem to be able to take the strain. There are apparently over Safari unique problems as well. I don't use a Mac anymore, so unfortunately I did not catch this.

All this to say that a patch is being put out for the Safari problems ASAP.

2 people like this.
  12. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Mobile photo upload still brokeded. iPhone 5/iOS 7

13. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

I've asked this before, but the search function really does not seem to be working. Is there a date restriction that is now a default or something?

If I search for posts by user (advanced search) within a thread looking for posts I know are there, I can't find them. Example: I searched for posts by user Douglas in the Home Ownership Thread with no keywords, and the search returns 7 posts, all within the past few weeks. I started the damned thread and I must have dozens, perhaps 100 posts in there, yet none of them show up. Even searching by a keyword I later verified was in the post I was looking for ("LED") I only turned up three posts, all from the last few days, and not the post I wanted, which as it turned out was from July 2013.

Earlier today I was searching for a very, very old post of mine that was one of the first posts I made on SF (in 2007) and I can't find it.

Sorry if this has been brought up in transmod already - I would search for it, but, well, you know.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  14. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

I just did an advanced search, no search string, posts by Douglas, posts only, one year ago and older. It returned a whopping 2 posts.

Now we know that can't be true.

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

is there a way to edit month old posts? I want to edit the first post of a thread and the edit button isnt available

16. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

i dont know if this is related, but a while now on SF desktop from my laptop, when i go to the all posts page, it only goes back 100 pages, which is 1000 posts, but on SF mobile it goes all the way back to my first post.

i assume its the same for other users, but i only checked my profile. even though no one will believe me about that.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  17. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Good thing this site makes so much ad revenue or else this stuff would stay broke.

18. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I think you only get 2 weeks now, used to be able to edit whatever you wanted.

19. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

Thanks for the recognition, always down for helping the good guys on here[​IMG], even at my own expense.
    in regards to having an open discussion on why the tasteless hate my fits? well, i didn't post in a "please help me" thread. i posted in the waywt thread. if i wanted opinions, i would have asked. i have been a student of menswear since these plebs were wearing college sweaters. i know the "rules" and now choose to defy them. for years i was paid to tell men AND women what to wear.so now not needing "Followers" to tell me crap i heard 6+ years ago.
    this is "Styleforum" a open forum for sharing and discussing style. i experiment with style. deal with it. you think only followers can hate a fit? we all have opinions, this IS a forum. a different opinion is not the same as trolling, and if plebs want to start being silly, i will defend myself.
    60% of members are trolls, i am honest in my posts.
    so used to this shit i am no longer offended.

Thanks again Noob,anything you need. hit me up.[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  20. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

Reporting trolls: EMartnj , MR Daniels.
    posting a fit is not trolling. the shit slinging that follows is.