• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I asked that that conversation be stopped, I am trying to be lenient as j has asked. So I won't delete it but I will delete it if people keep at it.

So far the only stuff I have deleted was totally OT crap or else cruiser-ific comments like 'Oh, how silly, this is all one man's opinion, wear whatever you want." If that's all you have to say, best to be silent, and if you can't manage that, I will shut you up.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Btw, that is a great thread but has cost me money! I will be getting a blue odd coat with my spring 2013 order. Also, consider adding a complete formal Highland suit to the essentials list. :)

Btw, an idea to help us sartorial lightweights...make up outfits from the essentials list. For instance, I own a pair of AE suede loafers, and suede loafers are on the list in your OP. What sort of outfit would you wear those with? Or maybe a new thread for "Essentials Ensembles?"

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I asked that that conversation be stopped, I am trying to be lenient as j has asked. So I won't delete it but I will delete it if people keep at it.

manton shut it down in a mere 4 words. was well done.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

So far the only stuff I have deleted was totally OT crap or else cruiser-ific comments like 'Oh, how silly, this is all one man's opinion, wear whatever you want." If that's all you have to say, best to be silent, and if you can't manage that, I will shut you up.

Now that the conversation has been had and stood for a bit so the participants could read it, I suggest you delete it as part of thread housekeeping. It really has no value as archival material.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

you're telling me... that thread made me question my participation in sf :(

it made me ripe with vigor an zest for new stuff!!!!

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Flag it, mang.
Speaking of the Red Flag: Instead of calling it the "snitch button", I'd rather think of it as "Quality Control". Not that we can really enforce Quality Poasting, but still, it alerts the relevant mods to the post and is easier than scrolling though the thread.
BTW, re: that thread, I read and thoroughly enjoyed the first 10 pages and then it passed me by. The last couple of pages (including the flagged post) seemed OT and if I were Manton (or another DH member), I would have hacked away those last couple of pages (at least!) and not lost a moment's sleep. To me, if you're posting in a DH-started thread then please bring your A-game or relevant questions to the discussion or stay on the sidelines. Just my opinion, though.

I'd just like to echo FLMM/Thomas on the flagging of posts. It's by far the best way to get us to take a look at something that's a potential problem. We simply can't see every post in every thread, so I'm sure there's a lot that deserves moderation but slips through the cracks. By flagging it, you make sure at least one of us takes a look at it.

Thanks -- been around since '07 and never even noticed that thing.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This site still has so many virgins. I haven't even gone in SW&D and H&B for a while and they still seem to be everywhere.

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This site still has so many virgins. I haven't even gone in SW&D and H&B for a while and they still seem to be everywhere.

What exactly is the purpose of this comment, especially in the Moderation thread?

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry, I haven't been around very much.

Anyone have a link to the Javyn saga?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

like actual virgins? do you have proof to this? or do you mean that figuratively? if so, what exactly are you referring to?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

IMO, being relatively civil is not deferring. There is a wide spectrum between deferring and being intentionally antagonistic. I'm trying for a happy medium myself, and instead of amp'ing things up when someone is repeatedly antagonistic or rude to me, will use the mechanism many of us should have all along: the mods.

you're a class act pio, although a reformed one :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads