1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

who the hell are these people??

2. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

emptym, curious, is there are dedicated SWD mod, or an MC mod for that matter, or do they fall under your purview, and that of fok and the site administrators?

3. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Do I get an award for most innocuous posts deleted for no good reason?

Not enough real woo-woo'ing on weinerforum.net

4. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

Mumford and Sons?

5. b1os

b1os Senior member

Is there a way to filter the first and second post of a new member whether they contain IMG tags with a goo.gl or puu.sh link and automaticall place them on hold?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Moderator

Actually, I spend most of my time on SWD, and it was my baby from the beginning. There have always been stupidity on SWD (and really, all over the forum, and in any gathering more than one person). To go back to the bar analogy, there is always some guy you can't stand. I'm not kicking people out just because you can't stand them (incidentally, this is something I told Manton for years.) You can easily put him on ignore. If enough people ignore a guy, he will either back off, or he'll escalate things to a point where he is banned.

And let that be the end of that.

Cheers,

Fok,

3 people like this.
  7. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

The problem is that the spoiler from blocking people is more annoying than their post and it's hard to resist not clicking anyway.

8. otc

otc Senior member

I've never put anyone on ignore (and I know I would just click the damn thing any time they responded to a thread I was participating in)...but that sounds like a personal problem

1 person likes this.
  9. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

plus one. i have had a couple people on ignore from time to time. when its a thread i am interested in seeing their posts in, i click the spoiler, if not, i dont. works for me.

1 person likes this.
  10. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

I've got lots of people on ignore. Keeps me from responding to their trollbait.

11. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

maybe you could donate the time and or money for the software team to make the spoilers go away and have the people on your ignore list completely gone? then your free forum experience can reach the enjoyment and convenience level you seek. it would also resolve the "should i click or shouldnt i click" dilemma.

;)

12. the shah

the shah Senior member

yes i know of the "bar analogy" but when 20+ people are complaining and the fellow won't leave what's there to be done ?

also what EMartNJ said. blocking is useless because entire pages end up being massive segments of blocked posts ...

oh well !

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Moderator

Okay, the quoting thing, you can blame your boneheaded fellow members for that. As for people complaining, I do take that into account, but he has really not stepped over any lines, and being obnoxious has never been grounds for banning.) On the bright side, I get to read all his posts as well, so we are in this together.

14. the shah

the shah Senior member

together we shall perceiver !

on a happier note, i know that there's swd coverage of pitti , any plans in the works for PFW2014 ?

15. otc

otc Senior member

The load more posts button on the subscriptions page seems to be on the fritz again.

For a while there, it was working really well, but now it is back to only working the first time I click it. After the first click, it just spins in a circle forever and doesn't actually load more posts.

4 people like this.
  16. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

17. TWorksheets

TWorksheets Senior member

FWIW I respectfully disagree. A forum moderator is a lot like a bouncer. And a bouncer's job is to kick people out of the 'bar' for being a dickhead. I'm OK with assholes that contribute or generate content (proper fit pictures, informed/well thought out opinions/views, historical facts, etc). Isachenko is not that type of asshole

18. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Isachenko (and other nitwits like him) isn't the problem. The problem is the collective inability to ignore him.

1 person likes this.
  19. javyn

javyn Senior member

In the spirit of holiday cheer, yall should let me back into CE. Or at least give me read only privs so I can read and laugh.

2 people like this.
  20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I just want to say Amish hipsters in over the calf boots and shorts are relevant to my interests. :nodding:

I also think they rock for completely owning their look.

1 person likes this.