• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I couldn't figure out why the quote function was wonky when replying to you in the white shirt thread this morning. Turns out I was (almost) editing your post. :/

this could have been epic.

stitches, I think you can safely stop explaining in painstaking detail speculating on what/how DH powers have been implemented.

lol, i am just trying to be helpful for those who asked questions, or seemed unsure. sorry, brah. :(

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
foo is DH. good night and welcome to Biedermeier.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Can't have him going around doing your job for you, eh? Yeah, I can understand how that would look bad.

Rambo, as Douglas said above, mellow out. Everyone understands that you think no one cares about the forum, but I assure you that's not the case. I think it's pretty clear from the goings on around here over the last week or two that the various complaints are all being considered and addressed where appropriate.

No one is ignoring the problems, but things aren't all going to be fixed overnight, just like things didn't go south overnight. That all being the case, the :censored: routine is starting to wear pretty thin.

Last edited:

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Can't have him going around doing your job for you, eh? Yeah, I can understand how that would look bad.

Contrary to what you may believe, I don't have the power to DH anyone, and I don't actually know exactly what the powers are, what fora they're granted in, how it's implemented, or what the screen shots look like. So there is no training I can give on the feature. You will note I have not tried.

I was simply trying to tamp down, with some humor and good nature, a conceit I would have thought you would agree is all too common around here, in all fora - people dishing out lots of advice and opinions about things, as though with authority, even when it's perfectly obvious they don't (or couldn't possibly) know anything about it.

Kind of like you just did. ;)

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Rambo, as Douglas said above, mellow out. Everyone understands that you think no one cares about the forum, but I assure you that's not the case. I think it's pretty clear from the goings on around here over the last week or two that the various complaints are all being considered and addressed where appropriate.
No one is ignoring the problems, but things aren't all going to be fixed overnight, just like things didn't go south overnight. That all being the case, the :censored: routine is starting to wear pretty thin.

Calm down sparky. No one's upset. Certainly not me. If you think I'm sitting here at my laptop, furiously pounding the keys in rage and frustration, you are sorely mistaken. As to what else I am pounding while sitting at my laptop, in rage and frustration, I will leave that to your imagination. And as far as if you think my "routine" is wearing thin, well, I'm pretty sure you can manufacture up a response that would accurately convey my feelings about your feelings on the matter.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was simply trying to tamp down, with some humor and good nature, a conceit I would have thought you would agree is all too common around here, in all fora - people dishing out lots of advice and opinions about things, as though with authority, even when it's perfectly obvious they don't (or couldn't possibly) know anything about it.
Kind of like you just did. ;)

maybe after reading what fok and j have said about it in the past, and after talking with other people who were DHed at the start of the new forum, and that have talked about it with fok, and fully understand their roles, and then told me about it, it puts me in position to help out others who have not had that chance, or didnt see fok and js posts, and maybe it is one less thing for fok or j to have to deal with.

that was my only intention. not trying to be conceited or authoritarian on things i know nothing about.

ill stop now though. and let those who unsure stay that way, or bother the mods about it.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
OK so I just noticed that I have a whole bunch of new buttons and functions in MC now... Which I assume came with this honored title. Aright, that's cool. But what exactly am I supposed to do here - do I have mod responsibilities, or am I meant to use these only in my threads? Maybe a little clarification fornthe newly anointed on what our duties are, and how these things work could help set us on the right path? Thanks guys

Sorry, I didn't have time last night to type out the whole guidelines for the DH 'program'. I will write it today and mass-PM everyone. Basically, the way the system was meant to work was supposed to make your threads more like blog posts in terms of moderation. You can delete comments you feel are derailing the conversation or not relevant. We would prefer you err on the side of lenience, but it is mostly up to you. Please only use your powers on your own threads, unless other DH people want you mod'ing their threads. Please don't edit people's posts to have them saying something they didn't say. I consider it acceptable to delete sections of a post that are offensive or off topic, but that is up to you.

Jesus christ. You still haven't told them what to do with their new titles and powers yet? Here's a good sign that you're too busy and need help: you're too busy to tell the people that you've brought on to help you how to actually help you.

:tomasso:

Quote:
If you have no extra buttons in MC, I will check into it. We just finally figured out where to set the settings properly (the back end is kind of convoluted for some things).

Can "elegance007" or whatever his username is be banned, or at least kicked out of CE permanently? I saw some of his posts have already been deleted. He's an absolutely worthless poster that juts posts garbage in threads.

He is kicked out of CE permanently.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No one's upset. Certainly not me.

lol. Your last hundred plus posts here/in the Batman thread/anything else I've read suggest otherwise.

You and stitches both need to either chill or post in a way that accurately reflects how you're feeling.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why does this thread remind me of student government day at a moderately prosperous junior high school?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads